chapter || 42

Alex

"So let me get this straight. You're telling me that someone from the Mortels was at the party last night, and roofied Grayson and Elena." I questioned Jordyn and Ryan's stories. 

They both nodded looking at each other. "Jordyn, when did you even get here?" Ethan asked mockingly sitting beside me. 

"I called him this morning because for some reason I was locked inside my room," Ryan spoke, directing it towards me. Yeah, I locked him in there, so what. 

"Well maybe if you didn't act like an animal I wouldn't have to lock you up like one." I glared back at Ryan, and he rolled his eyes.

"Okay, enough you two. Now we know they aren't just sending messages anymore, they're trying to get someone hurt." Jordyn breathed looking over to Grayson. 

"Why are you even helping us if you're apart of the gang? It makes no sense. You're one of the people who are a threat, you could have been the one to do all of this." Jackson scoffed standing up. 

He has a point, but I trust Jordyn now. He wouldn't do that. 

"Calm down Jack." I spoke softly at him and he sat back down hesitantly. "Yes, im apart of the mortels, but I'm not going to stand around and let them hurt people, especially not the people Alex cares about. It's not fair, they're doing it to get to her." Jordyn replied, and I glanced at Grayson who was looking at me from the corner of his eyes.

"Look, I'm not here to start something. I know that there are only two people in this room that trust me, and that's fine. Just be careful, I have a feeling they aren't done yet." Jordyn responded, glancing at all of us before he walked towards the door with Ryan. 

This is exactly what we needed on top of everything else that's going on. 

-

12:56 am

I was walking home from the gym, it's really late but I needed a release. I had training today after everyone went home, but it wasn't enough. 

I was a few houses down from mine when I saw two men standing under the street light. I usually wouldn't question it because this town has people up and about no matter what time of night, but these guys were sending me a really bad vibe. 

 They were wearing dark clothing and were stagnant. They started walking towards me at a fast pace and I began to panic. 

I looked at my house and back to them, to see if I could possibly make a run for it, I couldn't. they were about 8 feet away from me, I don't know what they're intended target is, or who they are. They could just be night joggers? 

They started walking faster in my direction and I decided to take the chance of making it to my house. 

I started running as fast as I could, and when I heard footsteps nearing behind me, I knew they weren't just out here for a relaxing night jog. 

I made it to the street light near my home, but not fast enough. I felt a large hand grab my shoulder and pull me backward, forcing me to my back. I felt the breath being knocked out of me.

I looked up and saw the man standing above me, the only option I had now was to fight back. He leaned over to grab me again, but I kicked him in the chest heard, sending him to the ground.

I stood up quickly and dropped my bag waiting for the other guy to make his move. He swung at me, and I moved backward catching his arm and twisting it behind his back. I pushed him forwards, sending him into the other man who was attempting to stand back up. 

He gathered himself quickly, being pushed to the ground isn't affecting him at all. He swung again, this time his hand connected to my face. Things spun for a second before I got my focus back.

I felt a foot connect to my stomach making me bend over in pain. I realized if I didn't move quicker, I wasn't going to make it off of this sidewalk tonight. 

The man grabbed my hair and slung my head up aggressively. "He was right, you do have a lot of fight in you. Not enough though." The man whispered coldly in my ear.

I grabbed his arm and twisted it firmly untangling his hand from my hair. I swung my leg around with full force still holding onto his arm, connecting my foot to his ribs. 

He groaned in pain landing on the sidewalk. The other man looked at me and ran towards me, I quickly ducked and sent my elbow into his spine. He fell onto his knees beside the other man. I sent my knee into the side of his face with as much force as I could, and he fell lying beside the guy.

I grabbed my bag and ran before they could stand back up. I made it to my doorstep and ran inside my house. 

"Ryan!" I yelled out of breath from downstairs. He jogged down the stairs half asleep. "Alex, what happened?" He asked quickly grabbing my face. 

"These two men attacked me outside of the house, I fought them off," I explained hurriedly.  He ran to the door and slung it open. "Whoever they are, they're gone now." He breathed out, closing the door and locking it. 

-

I walked into school knowing I was going to get stared at. Grayson and I probably look a lot alike though. Surprisingly my stomach hurts more than my face.

I reached my locker and I saw Ethan immediately running over to me. "Alex what happened!" He yelled taking my face in his hands gently. 

"Two guys last night, they attacked me when I was walking home from the gym. Trust me, they look worse than me." I laughed lightly before a sharp pain traveled through my stomach making me clench it. 

"I'm going to find whoever did this, and kill them," Ethan spoke in a deep voice before turning to walk away. "Ethan, stop." I stopped him by grabbing his wrist. He swung back around, making me let go of him quickly. 

He started walking back over to his locker where the guys were standing. "This is what they want, Ethan. They want a reaction, we can't give them one." I spoke quietly, following him.

"Well, it's working!" He yelled in my face making me step back quickly. People looked over to us and I ignored their stares. "Alex, are you okay?" Grayson asked in a raspy voice trying to pick himself up from the locker. 

"Yeah, I'm peachy. I look more like your twin right now than Ethan does." I tried joking, making circular motions with my hands around my face. Landon wheezed at my remark, but Ethan got angrier. 

"This isn't a fucking joke Alex." Ethan glared at me. "It's also not your problem. Stay out of it." I ordered, turning and walking away. 

This isn't his problem, and im not letting him get involved more than he already is. 

-

--

---

looks like her training paid off.