chapter | 26

Ethan

I woke up and felt Alex's head on my chest. I've never let a girl actually sleep in my bed unless I had sex with them, still, I made them leave.

She's so beautiful when she sleeps. I put her through so much, and still, she forgives me. I honestly don't deserve her.

I saw the sun beaming in from the window, landing perfectly on her skin, its perfect. This feeling is so foreign to me, I really hope I don't screw it up.

"Morning gray." I spoke as I reached the bottom of the stairs. "Where's Alex?" He looked confused. "She's still sleeping, didn't want to wake her up."

He was still looking at me in a weird way, which was creeping me out. Something has been up with him lately. He's been acting odd.

"Are you good bro? You've been acting weird as hell." I acknowledge, walking to the fridge. I grabbed a cold water bottle as I waited for his response that was taking forever.

"Yeah, I'm good. And you said I was acting weird? I've never seen you let a girl stay the night with you." He motioned towards upstairs.

He's right, but she's not just any girl.

"She's not just any girl Grayson," I argued, sitting beside him. I laid my head back on the couch gently.

"I've never felt shit like this before, I don't know if I like it or hate it," I spoke honestly. Grayson is the only person I've ever trusted enough to talk to.

"In my opinion, love is kind of pointless, but hey, if you have fun the go-ahead," He sarcastically smiled while shrugging. I glared at him for being a dick.

"Fine. Look, Ethan, you love her, I'm pretty sure this is your first love. Honestly, if you don't screw up, I think you guys have a real shot. She's amazing, but you tend to screw up." He emphasized the last part.

"I'm not this time Grayson, she means too much to me." I made my point clear. I've never loved anyone the way I love her. I mean I love Grayson but not in the same way.

"I love her dude, I can't screw up. The way I was before her.. looking back scares me. With her it's like, I only think about what's ahead of me." I leaned farther into the couch, thinking about last night.

"Damn when did you become so soft?" Grayson teased me, hitting me playfully. "Hit me again and see how 'soft' I really am." I glared back at him.

I haven't become soft, I just care about someone other than myself. Believe me, I'm still a cold-hearted asshole.

Alex

I rolled over and didn't feel anything. I tapped the bed a few more times, then finally opened my eyes. Ethan wasn't in bed anymore. I really hope he doesn't regret anything we said or did last night, I know I don't.

I sat up slowly, stretching my arms in the air. That is hands down the best part of the morning, just saying.

I walked into the bathroom and grabbed the toothbrush with my name on it. I brushed my teeth, then looked in the mirror at myself.