chapter || 31

Alex

It took me what felt like forever to explain to them everything that Ryan and Jordyn both told me. 

"This is a joke right?" Grayson asked laughing. "I mean this sounds like something out of a movie or some shit," He continued. I can't say anything, I felt the exact same way when I was told all of this. 

"This isn't a joke Grayson, trust me I wish it was." I responded, shaking my head. "So what do we do?" Jackson asked sitting up. "Well, nothing." I shrugged.

"What do you mean nothing?" Landon spoke up. "There's nothing we can do. They haven't bothered me or my family here, and besides if they did, what could we do. We're 16 years old, what could we possibly bring to the table against a so-called 'gang" I spoke honestly.

Honestly, what could we do? If they came here to get what they wanted, there's nothing we could do to prevent it. 

"Well I'm gonna get going, its a school night, and I promised Ryan I would be home." I responded standing up. "Please drive safely," Grayson spoke sternly standing up in front of me. "I will." I groaned. 

"If you need anything, Alex." Landon started looking between him and Jackson. I nodded and sent him a smile. I looked over at Ethan who was staring at me. 

He stood up from the couch, finally. "I'll walk you out." He offered in a plain voice. "I'm good," I spoke softly, and he nodded once. 

I walked back into my house and saw Ryan and Elena sitting at the kitchen table. "Hey." I said pulling out a chair. "Hey." Elena smiled. "Do you want some coffee?" Ryan asked standing up. I nodded.

"How's your day been?" I asked Elena who looks tired. "Exhausting." She laughed. "Ryan told me everything, so you don't have to hide anything. If you need something I'm here," she smiled, holding my hand. 

I smiled at her and Ryan handed me my coffee. "So how are you and Ethan?" She drug out his name and I felt pain in my chest. "There is no me and Ethan el." I laughed quietly.

"Wait who's Ethan and why haven't I met him yet?" Ryan asked, sounding like a typical big brother.

 "Because he's not someone worth meeting. Look guys I'm tired, I'm gonna go to bed." I tried smiling. "Thanks for the coffee." I pushed my chair under and walked upstairs. 

dear diary, 

I haven't written in a while, because there hasn't been much to write about. well, that just changed. I know why my mom left, and I found out everything that Ryan was keeping from me. also, me and Jordyn are on good terms, weird right? so me and Ethan were kind of a thing. I don't really know how to explain it because I don't even know myself. we even exchanged I love you's.. I know. I never thought he had those words in him. well, we were good until yesterday, he got super pissed at me because I was at Jordyns house. he wouldn't even listen to what I had to say, even Grayson was trying to apologize for him like usual. It's like Grayson tries harder than Ethan does and it's his relationship? I have the mindset that 'it is what it is'. he's too good for me anyway, sometimes people just can't change. 

                                                                             xoxo, Alex 

I woke up an hour earlier today so I could go for a run. I needed to unwind. I put my headphones in my ears and shuffled my running playlist, and began running. It wasn't too hot, but it wasn't too cold either, perfect for running. 

I paced myself, as I reached my first stopping point. I glanced to my right and saw the coffee shop where I met Ethan. I wanted to run to clear my mind and yet he's still on it. I began running as fast as I could.

I looked down at my feet that were going faster than they normally would. I heard a loud screeching noise, and looked up and saw a car had slammed on its breaks right beside me. I jumped to the side and saw that they were about a foot away from hitting me head-on. 

A guy stepped out of his car. He was tall, built, with dark hair. "I am so, so sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going." I said moving my hair from my face.

 "Totally my bad, I didn't think anyone would be on the road this morning. I shouldn't have been going that fast," He explained quickly, walking toward me. 

I caught my breath and smiled. "I'm Hagen by the way." He scratched the back of his neck. "Alex."  I smiled holding out my hand. He took it lightly and shook it. 

"Well, I should get going, I have to get ready for school." I responded, pointing behind me. "Yeah me too. First day." He said nervously. 

"Wait what school?" I asked. "Lynbrook high." It took him a second to remember. "That's where I go, I have to warn you though, it's not exactly a school with pep." I laughed. "So I've heard." he raised his eyebrows. 

"So maybe I'll see you around?" He smiled lightly. I nodded and smiled back. I turned and started running back towards my house. 

I got out of my jeep and felt the warm air hit my face. I have a pair of black denim shorts on and a cropped white shirt. I looked like crap yesterday so I figured I would try a little today.

I walked to my locker and put books in there that I needed. I looked in my mirror that hung on my locker door and saw Hagen standing there. 

"Oh hey," I responded, trying to laugh. He scared the crap out of me. "It looks like it was a little sooner than we thought?" He laughed. 

"What classes do you have?" I asked as he handed me his schedule. "You have almost every class with me." I smiled, that's a weird coincidence. 

Ethan

"E, who's that?" Jackson asked pointing over to the guy talking to Alex. He's tall, has dark hair, and he's toned. He looks like an off-brand Grayson. 

"I don't know, but I already don't like him," I responded, slamming my locker. I looked over at Alex, she looks really pretty. Her hair is curled loosely down her back, she's wearing shorts that look really good on her and light makeup. 

She took a paper from his hand and smiled at him. Why is she smiling at him?

"Gray, do you know who that guy is?" I asked nodding my head in his direction. "New student apparently." He shrugged. 

When he saw him with Alex he stood up straighter and looked again. "Why is she talking to him." he squinted. He had a look of disgust covering his face.

"Million-dollar question." I rolled my eyes. "Ethan has some competition." Landon teased, "Shut the hell up and go practice." I scolded him and pushed him towards the gym. 

-

--

---

I feel like I should do like a picture character introduction so you have an idea of who I picture the characters as? yeah, ill do it rn.