Chapter 25

Alex

"Would you want to come back to my house instead of yours tonight?" Ethan asked. He still had his hand on my leg.

I paused for a moment before I answered. I mean, Ethan and I need to talk anyway.. and I can't imagine going home to Ryan right now.

"Um yeah sure." I gave him a weak smile. Grayson is driving, glancing through the mirror at me.

-

I walked into their house and looked around at the familiarity. I'm really tired already, and I still have a headache. I put my hand on my temples trying to relax my head.

I felt arms on mine, and I jumped a little turning around. "I'm sorry, you just didn't look good." Ethan looked worried. "I'm fine, I'm just tired." I tried to laugh at his protective attitude.

"Let's go upstairs then." He smiled, putting his hand on my lower back. We walked up the stairs slowly, I opened his room door. My nose was met with the familiar smell of Ethan.

"I can sleep on the floor if you want." Ethan started scratching the back of his neck. Is he... nervous?

"No Ethan, it's fine," I responded tiredly, patting the bed. He walked over and got under the blanket. He laid on his back looking at the ceiling, I could tell he had something at his mind.

"What's wrong?" I asked laying facing him. He had a concentrated look on his face. He was thinking of what to say and I was feeling concerned about what it was going to be.

"Do you hate me?" He asked in a serious tone, almost that he was hurt. "Why would you say that?" I asked moving my hair behind my ear. I don't think I have the ability to hate anyone, especially not him.

Ethan isn't really someone you could hate. "Because of all the awful things I've done, the ways I've hurt you." He tightened his jaw, as if he was mad, at himself.

"I could never hate you Ethan," I said placing my hand in his. I was surprised that I reached first, I wasn't sure if he'd pull away or not.

"I would hate me." He replied quietly, turning towards me, looking directly in my eyes. I feel bad for making him feel that way.

"The way I feel about you is far from hate." I let out a frustrated breath. I care for Ethan more than I've cared for anyone.

"What exactly do you feel for me, Alex?" He asked me in a tone that was more impatient.   "Ethan-" I started, turning back towards the ceiling.

"No Alex, I'm tired of playing this back and forth bullshit. Just when we get somewhere, we end up hurting each other." He admitted, slightly raising his voice.

"I don't know what you want me to say, Ethan." I turned back towards him in a frustrated manner.

"How about that you feel the same way as me? Tell me you feel that butterfly feeling in your stomach when you see me. Tell me when your not around me you feel a void that you wish the person was there to fill. Tell me that when you see me with someone else you get so angry you could overturn a car." He whispered desperately. 

That's exactly how I feel. "Yes, Ethan. I feel all of it." I responded, letting out a defeated breath.

"Ethan, that feeling when your top priority is someone else's happiness when you want someone with you all the time, when you see no flaw in them. Almost literal perfection?" I continued.

He nodded his head like he was in denial. He looked like it was a foreign feeling. It is to him. "That's love, Ethan." I pulled my hand from his. He's looking at me like he doesn't know what I'm talking about. 

He stayed silent for a moment, causing me to get anxious. He might reject me in a very Ethan like manner.

"Then Alexandra, I guess I love you." He smiled lightly and grabbed my hand back. I turned towards him and saw his eyes had more green specks in them than usual.

"I love you too," I smiled. That butterfly feeling he was talking about, I feel it right now. Along with a huge wave of relief.

He looked down at my lips and back to my eyes. Before he could, I leaned in and connected my lips to his.

They moved perfectly together, like they were made for each other. I pulled back and my face felt flushed. "You don't know how long I've been waiting to do that." Ethan breathed hard.

I rolled to the side and turned off the lamp. "Goodnight Ethan." I moved closer to him. "I love you, Alex. I promise I won't hurt you anymore." He whispered, kissing my forehead.

"I believe you." I smiled putting my head on his chest.

-

Grayson

I walked up the stairs to check on Alex. I saw Ethan's room light was off, so I opened the door slowly.

I saw Alex laying on his chest and he had his arms around her as if he was protecting her.

I gave them a faint smile and closed the door. Ethan is one lucky dude.

-

--

---

2 chapters one night, look at me.