chapter || 34

one month later

Alex

"Ethan I have to go home soon." I spoke as he laid with his head on my stomach. He popped his head up quickly with a sad face. "Why can't you just stay longer?" He sighed dramatically. "And do what?" I sat up curiously.

He smirked and started trailing his finger up my leg. "That's all we've done all spring break E," I laughed smacking his hand away. 

I stood up and stretched my arms in the air. I've been at Ethan's house almost all of spring break, only going home when I needed something. Things have been going really good with me and Ethan, I'm really happy. 

"We go back to school tomorrow." Ethan stood up behind me complaining. "Yeah, its a part of life, sadly." I laughed turning to face him. 

"We have a month and a half left till summer, and one more year of high school after that." I smiled. He nodded agreeing with me and smiled. 

He grabbed my face gently and connected his lips to mine. It sent warmth throughout my body. "What was that for?" I asked laughing,"I'm just happy." He shrugged, trying to play off the blush that was creeping onto his cheeks. 

We walked downstairs and went into the kitchen where Grayson was. "Morning gray," I spoke up, sitting beside him at the table. "Morning," he responded looking down at his phone.

 I was looking at him and I noticed he had gotten tanner over break, we all have but especially him. 

He looked upset or confused. I wasn't really sure I just knew something wasn't right with him. "Are you okay?" I asked looking at him. He looked up and met my gaze. "Yeah im fine?" he responded slowly, scrunching his eyebrows up.

"You know if something is wrong you can talk to me, right?" I smiled slightly. "Mhm." He hummed sarcastically, standing up and walking into the other room. okay

Monday

"Hey, A!" Elena squealed hugging me as soon as I walked through the school doors. "Hey, Elena." I laughed, a lot less enthusiastic than her approach. 

"You know it's only been like a week and a half right?" I laughed letting go of her. "Felt like forever. I was at your house the whole time you weren't," She said shaking her head, and we both laughed.

 "It has just been your brother and I since Brynn left for that early college thing," She added, causing me to fake gag. 

We walked to my locker and leaned against it. "So does anyone know why we're getting new classes right before the year ends?" I asked confused.

 It makes no sense, we have about a month and a half left and they want to put us in new classes. 

"We're gonna be seniors. They want to test out the classes we want, so we're for sure when it comes to next year." She shrugged. "Bull." I groaned, rolling my eyes. 

I felt someone's arms around my waist and a kiss on my cheek. I immediately started smiling when I smelt Ethan's cologne. 

"Good morning," I smiled, turning around and kissing him. I saw Elena standing behind him and she was mouthing stupid shit. "He's so hot!" She mouthed fanning herself. I shook my head and she laughed walking in the other direction.