chapter || 40

Alex

Even though it's only 11:30 at night, I'm tired. Not to mention I kind of have a headache from the number of people dancing around me and how loud the music is. 

I'm sitting at my counter right now, drinking a glass of iced water, while watching all my friends go all sort of stupid & crazy. 

They're having more fun at my birthday party than I am. I'm not complaining, it's good to see then get loose and have fun. 

I'm pretty sure Jackson finished a whole liquor bottle by himself because he's on top of my coffee table. Landon is dancing right alongside him even though he's sober, that's just Landon. 

Then I see Elena, she's stripping for everyone, and as a friend, I feel like I should get her off the dining table and make her put clothes on, but she looks like she's having fun. 

Grayson, Grayson is shit faced. I didn't even see him drink anything but, I have no clue. It's not like him, he's acting kind of out of the ordinary, but it could just be him. 

"Hey, everyone!" I saw Ryans drunk figure stand on the table beside Elena. She remains in a bra and shorts. The music turned down enough for people to stop dancing and look at him.

"I just wanted to get up here, and make a toast," He yelled again. Everyone grabbed a glass of whatever was in their cup. I saw his eyes and body shift in my direction and I automatically tensed in my seat. 

"My not so baby sister's birthday is today, and even if you didn't know, that's what this party is for!" He yelled with a large smile on his face. I felt my cheeks burning and I attempted to hide my face. 

"So wish her a happy birthday, and thank her for giving us a reason to get fucked up!" Was the last thing I was hoping he would yell. Everyone started cheering in my direction. I tried to force a slight smile at them. I'm going to kill him. The music turned back up taking everyone's focus off of me. 

I saw Ryan jump down and start walking, or stumbling in my direction I should say. "Go upstairs and look on your bed." He smiled, pointing towards the stairs. 

I looked at him confused and he sighed. "I told you I wasn't done with presents." He laughed and slurred at the same time. 

I saw Ethan over by the guys. I'2m glad he's having a good time. I feel like he hasn't been doing things like this since we started dating. 

I looked over at me and gave me a big smile. He's the cutest. I lost sight of Grayson, Elena, and Hagen. Who knows honestly. 

I still haven't even opened the present that Ryan gave me earlier, they're all just sitting in my room. I started walking towards the stairs and I felt a few people following me and I rolled my eyes.

I got to my room and looked on my bed to see a pretty large box sitting there. I looked behind me and saw Ethan and Ryan standing behind me. 

"Open the damn thing." Ryan pushed me towards my bed playfully. I opened the large box, and I immediately got super excited. 

"Ryan!" I half yelled looking at the masterpiece in front of my face. In the box laid a brand new perfect black bow and military-grade arrows.