The Right Thing XXXIX

Thank you to everyone who helped me review and flag that Goodreads account for stealing my story.  Hopefully it gets shut down, but at least it didn't seem to link anywhere (I hope) so I'm just hoping it was not a full-blown plagiarism and theft- just someone trying to take credit by making their own cover (with their name) and snagging my summary. I couldn't get the book itself to flag so I flagged my own review as it let me put a description as to why. I explained it was my book stolen, I could prove anything.  Hopefully that route works. I tracked down the other stories that profile published as there's. I am contacting the actual authors with this information as well. (all from fictionpress, where my story is as well)

As for my story, sorry I have been away again- I am trying to get back into the rhythm. I'm debating even having a "mature" rated chapter in the future... I'm not sure how Wattpad would like that ha-ha but I'll look into it.

When I first began writing this story, I listed its main genre to young adult. It felt like that more than anything, but since I've intertwined the paths of Alys and Hayden so much, I decided to edit the genre to romance. It took me almost five years to get to 80k views, and it took just two months to get 15k more views (Putting me at 95k) with the new genre change lol. But that's good, it means more people relate to my story under "romance".  Glad to know that now.

Anyways, thanks for waiting. I adore you all for being so patient and understanding.

Helium

.

.

.

"Can I ask you a question?" I exhaled quietly into the phone, knowing no one was around me but still wanting to be cautious. I stared at the raindrops forming against the windows of the Bureau Building's 9th floor. Tim was with his father a few doors down, but I waited in the City Council's lobby. Such a huge building, so many political avenues. I never thought I would be in so many parts of it. The lobby was smaller than I expected, but it was nice. Clean sleek furniture, a fountain behind the reception desk, giant windows to the sides to let in the light. They reminded me of the mural's glass ceiling.

"Alys, you know you can ask me anything." Karri said back. She didn't know the file in my hands, the words Tim screamed to his father about, the anything that surrounded us after she left.

"Okay." I breathed in steadily, "I told you not you ask me about the mural. I told you to let me be, as I couldn't answer anything."

"Yes... I know," her tense voice gritted, "and please tell me you are explaining it now."

"No," I shook my head, "You will know why soon, you will find out everything soon. But there's one thing I need to ask you...."

I breathed in deep and felt my eyes tighten. "If given the chance... would you want revenge on the Catfish. Would you want everyone to know what kind of people they were... what they did."

It was quiet for a moment, I held onto the phone tightly. Finally, Karri answered. "If you would have asked me right after this all happened, I would have said yes. I would have loved for everyone to know what happened. But..." She paused, and I could picture her green eyes tracing their sights over her hands, her brown tresses slipping forward as she debated her words, "No. Not anymore. Anger is funny like that; though it hurts, sometimes it's a good thing to have a burst of it; to cauterize the wound quickly and to help you heal cleanly. But the longer you let it fester and stay an open wound- the more it will scar you when it finally closes. Honestly Al... its what's happened to you...."

I winced slightly, gathering myself into my knees and ducking away from the world. "I'm sorry I've been so weird. I know with Tim telling you he thought I was being bullied didn't help."