Story End

I am done.

08/15/19 I received notification that a story similar to mine was on Wattpad. Sure as shit, read it and though the names of the characters had changed, some parts of the story were slightly off, the rest was a general copy and paste of this work. It was only 5 chapters in, so at least there is that. It was removed late September. No other stories under that account so at least they hadn't stolen numerous like the last person on goodreads.

I apologize but I think I am done writing online. I don't know what else to say or do. It breaks my heart but at this point I don't even know if I can publish my own work (if I ever get to that point) with how much it has been copied to writing sites like this, fictionpress, and goodreads. I have been sitting on two chapters debating posting them. I have decided I am going to post at least one, as a thank you and possibly farewell.

I don't know what else to say. I don't want to keep making promises I will finish this story when it gets copied so often. Why me? Why my work? Does this happen to anyone else? Is it because this story is technically so old they feel it can be taken and no one will notice?

All endless thoughts, all tormenting concerns, all absolutely drowning me.

I'm sure you readers are also strained with me. Updates have been so irregular and inconsistent, especially with my health and these thefts. It's not fair to you either. I really am sorry about that all.

I don't know what I will do. I don't know if any story will update again. I just don't know, and I am so utterly sorry about that.

I will give the next chapter next Friday. I think it will be the last one. I planned to remove this story and my others in the weeks to come. I am talking with some people online about this though, maybe there is still hope to publish my own work despite the plagiarism of it.

Basically... I don't know. All I do is that I stare at my screen, I stare at the words I want to type- and can't find the strength anymore. I can't stop searching the keywords of my story into google trying to find it shared elsewhere.

I'm at rock bottom.

I will post next Friday. But that is all I can promise for now and possibly forever.

I feel like I have betrayed you all. I know I have let you down. I really am sorry.

Helium