New Girl

Judging by the title, I think you guys should all know what this is about. It's a human AU of the series Wings of Fire by Tui T. Sutherland. Anyways, this is a Moonbli story with a little Turtlejou, so if you don't like those ships, either suck it up or just don't read. Write what you want in the comments, hate, love, I could care less as long as there's no bullying.

I can't promise that this won't be super cringe

There's a little bit of language cause words like 'crap' and 'dang' make me cringe and I just feel gross writing them (definitely not frequent but a little here and there mostly from Winter cause I think he shoulda been allowed to curse) but other than that I try to keep this clean (you have no idea how hard that is for me considering I'm a pretty explicit person)

Anyways, here's the story. The writing style at the beginning is low key awful, but it gets better throughout the chapters. Trust me.

~~~

Qibli's POV

Summer's over. Back to school. Yay.

3rd person POV

"Hey," Said Qibli, as he approached his friend in the court yard before their first class. "We're in most of the same classes again."

"That's a pity." Said Winter.

Qibli wasn't sure if Winter was joking or not. Probably. "Thanks for the heart-warming welcome."

Qibli was tall, but he'd always been at least an inch shorter than Winter. Which was a little annoying.

"HIIIIII!!!" Kinkajou. Flashed through his mind.

He didn't have time to turn around or open his mouth when he felt someone jump on his back. Typical Kinkajou greetings. She threw her arms around his neck and hugged him.

"Hey Kinkajou." He said taking her hands.

"Hi! How was your summer mine was a BLAST I went to DISNEY LAND and Universal Studios with my friend Tamarin and it was AMAZING! Then we went to HOLLYWOOD and got front row tickets to an ARIANA GRANDE CONCERT! I Love her so much! She's amazing! SO, what did you guys do?"

"Stuff." Said Winter plainly. Kinkajou giggled.

"Fine. Don't tell me. I'll just assume your summer was ALMOST as fun as mine." She said "OH! Here comes Turtle! Turtle! Over here!"

The shy brunet walked over to the trio and waved. "Hey." he glanced at Kinkajou on Qibli's back, then shifted his gaze so he wouldn't be tempted to find a hole and hide in it. No one noticed. "So, how was your summer?" He asked looking up.

Qibli set Kinkajou back on her feet. As soon as her she touched the ground, she bounced over to Turtle and hugged him.

"My summer was AWESOME! Tamarin and I went to DISNEY LAND and Universal Studios and it was AMAZING! Then we went to HOLLYWOOD and got front row tickets to an ARIANA GRANDE CONCERT! I Love her soooooo much! She's amaaazing!" She said.

"Those were the exact words you said to us." Said Winter.

"Actually, no, they weren't." Qibli started. "Before, she said--"

Winter cut him off. "Shut up."

"You know, one thing I've always loved about you is your constant positivity." Qibli told him.

"Are you not familiar with the words shut up?"

Qibli let out a scoff-laugh right when the bell rang.

"OUR FIRST CLASS OF THE YEAR! LET'S GOOO!" Kinkajou yelled and sprinted down the hall towards their homeroom.

"Does homeroom even count as a class?" Turtle asked watching Kinkajou as she bolted up the stairs two at a time. ( I know, it's not much but she has short legs.)

"I don't even know anymore." Qibli sighed, starting after her.

~~~

"Hello everyone," Said Mr. Dune, their homeroom and Socials teacher. "For those of you who do not know me, I am Mr. Dune, and I will be your homeroom teacher this year. I also teach social studies so you will all be seeing me again later today. If you have no questions to ask, we may start right away. Would anyone like to tell us how their summer went?"

As usual, Kinkajou was the only one to raise her hand.

"Miss Leef, since you raised your hand you can go first." Said Dune.

As if anyone else wanted to.

"My summer was a BLAST I went to DISNEY LAND and Universal Studios with my friend Tamarin and it was AMAZING! Then we went to HOLLYWOOD and got front row meet 'n greet tickets to an ARIANA GRANDE CONCERT! I Love her so much! She's amazing!"

Qibli snorted a laugh. He was really starting to wonder if she'd rehearsed those exact words the night before so she could tell everyone exactly what she did exactly the same way so she wouldn't forget any "super important information".

Winter must've been thinking the same thing cause one corner of his lips was very sightly turned up in a hint of a smile. Which was usually the most you got out of him.

After a moment, of silence, Dune's head snapped up. "That sounds great... Miss. Anyone else?"

Silence.

"Alright, moving on. As some of you may have already heard, we will be having a new student in our class today. Her name is Moonwatcher Night and she will be joining us for the rest of the year and hopefully for the rest of her years in highschool."

The door opened, and a smallish green-eyed girl entered the room. At first, Qibli thought her long hair was black, but as she came closer, he noticed it was just a really dark purple, and it complimented her dark skin in the best way possible.

"Hi" She said shyly.

~~~

~Maya B.❤️