Chapter 6

Gerard was coming over to his house today and Frank couldn't be any more nervous than he was. His mom found it amusing this morning watching him go around picking at everything.

"Hey," Frank said when he opened the door.

"What's up," Gerard said.

"I-I made pizza rolls," Frank stuttered out before mentally slapping himself for saying something so stupid. "Not much is up. You?"

"I've been good," Gerard said. "Very excited to come by and see your place, though."

Frank nodded, hoping that his crappy little apartment wouldn't disappoint Gerard at all. Gerard sat on the couch and Frank took the opportunity to eye him up and down. He was wearing a pair of skinny black jeans with an old shirt and his denim jacket.

"So, tell me something," Gerard said and Frank sat down next to him. "For someone so nervous around people, how did you manage to become one of the most popular boys in school?"

"I'm not bad with talking to people, j-just talking to people like you," he said. "P-people who I like."

"I like you too, Frankie," Gerard said.

Frank blushed, looking down.

"So, do teenagers commonly get pregnant around here?" Gerard asked.

"There's usually at least one every year," Frank said.

"Yeah, that didn't happen where I'm from," he said with a small chuckle. "And baby Ryan is gonna live with Debby?"

"Josh is actually emancipated from his parents, he's got his own apartment and Debby moved in with him about two months ago," Frank said. "So, you know, they're living together in a little apartment I guess. Learn from them, do not try using pulling out as a proper birth control method."

Gerard chuckled, holding Frank's hand.

"So, what do you get up to around here?" Gerard asked.

"Um, not much," Frank said. "There isn't much to do. No tv or computer or anything, that's why I usually just hang out at the skatepark. I like to read and draw, I guess. That's what I usually do."

"I haven't seen a house without a tv in a while," Gerard said.

"Yeah, cable and shit is expensive," Frank said. "No point in wasting money on it when I can just go and read a book instead. My mom's never home to watch it."

"How come?" Gerard asked.

"Oh, she works a lot to support us," Frank said. "She's got three jobs."

"Your dad doesn't pay child support?" Gerard asked.

"He did but after I turned eighteen he stopped," he said. "Didn't pay that much in the first place, the cheap bastard didn't care enough to drive his Mustang over to our shitty little place to drop off a check."

"Is your mom at work right now?" Gerard asked and Frank nodded. "So, we've got the whole place to ourselves?"

Gerard placed a hand on Frank's thigh, making him turn bright red.

"Gerard, why did that guy offer to pay you for a blowjob last week?" Frank asked.

"It's nothing," Gerard said. "It's just...I've been with a lot of people in my life. I guess people here heard about that and thought I was a...sloozy or something."

"Oh, so you're pretty experienced then," Frank mumbled.

He didn't think any less of Gerard, he just got more self-conscious about his own lack of experience.