Chapter 7

Gerard didn't ever think that he would want something serious but right now he wouldn't mind having a boyfriend. An actual, real boyfriend. He couldn't stop thinking about that as he watched Frank sleep. Sweet, sweet little Frank. Maybe it was because Frank was taking it slow that made him feel that way. He wasn't used to taking things slow but he really did like it. It really changed things up in the way that Gerard's heart seemed to beat.

"Hey, sweetheart?" Gerard asked, gently cupping Frank's cheek.

He stirred awake, looking up at Gerard with the beautiful green eyes that Gee was so fond of.

"Hey, I've gotta get going," he said. "I just wanted to tell you that."

Frank nodded, sitting up.

"I'll walk you out," he said.

Gerard got changed, walking out to put on his shoes when the door opened. Linda walked in wearing a dirty waitress uniform, bags under her eyes and her brown hair falling out of its ponytail.

"You must be Gerard," She said with a tired smile. "It's nice to meet you."

"You too, Ms. Iero," Gerard said.

"Please, just Linda," she said. "It's nice to meet you, I'm glad that Frankie has found someone that he likes, he was really heartbroken last time."

Linda gave Gerard a hug before going back to her bedroom. Frank came out, dressed in sweatpants and a hoodie. He walked down to the elevator, going down to the ground level together.

"Have fun with Jamia," Frank said.

Gerard gave him a soft kiss on the cheek before getting into his car and driving home. He took a quick shower and grabbed some food before meeting Jamia at the mall. He gave her a hug, smiling happily.

"Okay, so, we are going to look for some cute dresses for you to wear to the winter dance," Gerard said.

"Are you gonna wear a dress?" Jamia asked.

"No, not to this one," Gerard said. "Maybe prom I will."

They went into a dress shop, looking through the racks of sparkly, colorful dresses.

"So, do you have a date to this thing?" Gerard asked.

"No, I usually just go with friends," She said. "Are you going to ask Frank? Oh my god, it would be so cute if you asked Frank. You could be winter kings together, it would be adorable."

"I think I will, I'll make a cheesy little sign and everything," Gerard said. "It'll be so adorable. And he'll get all embarrassed and cute."

"I've never seen Frank react this way around someone," Jamia said. "It is adorable. He is the sweetest person I know, honestly."

Gerard pulled out a simple, dark blue dress.

"Ooh, this one would look gorgeous on you," he said. "Go try it on."

She took the dress, heading off to the changing rooms. Gerard strolled around the room, looking at all the dresses that he would love to wear and own. Getting all dressed up was one of his favorite things to do, whether it was in a suit or a fancy gown.

"Gerard, what do you think?" Jamia asked, opening the curtain to her dressing room.

The fabric hugged her curves perfectly, dark fabric standing out against her soft, pale skin.

"Oh, Jamia, you look absolutely beautiful," he said.

"No, I don't know," she mumbled as she looked in the full length mirror. "I'm not really the biggest fan of the neckline."