Chapter 22

Gerard heard about what happened with Frank and he was about to go over to see him when he got a package.

"What'd you order?" Mikey asked.

"I think it's some comic books I ordered," he said.

Gerard opened the package and gasped. His eyes and throat began to burn. Gerard hurried to the door for some fresh air, Mikey hurrying behind him.

"Oh my god, what is that?" Donald asked as he walked out.

Gerard coughed, crying into his sleeve.

"That was fucking tear gas," Mikey choked out. "M-my friend's dad was in the military, he showed it to us once."

"Someone sent me fucking tear gas?" Gerard asked.

"Can we please stop swearing?" Donald asked as he wiped his eyes. "God, we're gonna have to go stay the night at your grandparents' to let everything air out. Come on, get in the car."

"We have to pack stuff, though," Mikey said.

"Do you wanna go back in there?" Donald asked.

Mikey looked at the smoke through the window before shaking his head. Gerard sighed, getting into the car. They drove up to North Brunswick and Donald called Donna to tell her the situation on the way.

"This sucks," Mikey mumbled. "Do you think it was Lindsey?"

Gerard shushed him, looking out the window. They got to their grandparents house and Donald explained what happened while Gerard and Mikey went to the guest room where they had some clothes and things stored.

"Well, this sucks," Mikey said. "I was gonna go out with Kristin tonight."

"What were you gonna do?" Gerard asked.

"She was gonna take me to a party," he said.

"Your first party? Oh man, sorry, dude," he said. "I hope that she'll take you to another one."

Donald came upstairs, smiling happily.

"Gerard, Lindsey is here to see you," he said.

"You've gotta be kidding me," Mikey mumbled.

Gerard went down and frowned when he saw her standing on the porch.

"God, Lindsey, what are you doing here?" he asked.

"Tyler told me he saw you coming into town," she said.

"You wouldn't happen to know everything about that, would you?" He asked.

"Looks like you got maced," she said, pointing to his eyes which he knew were red and puffy.

"Teargas," he stated. "Lindsey, you released my sex tapes. I really can't talk to you anymore.

"Come on, it's not that big of a deal," she said.

"It is, I am with Frank now," he said.

"For how long?" Lindsey asked. "Because we both know you. We both know that eventually you are going to get bored and want something new. Frank is like a mouse and vanilla sex just isn't for you."

"Lindsey--"

"Can I just show you something first?" She interrupted.

Gerard looked into her pleading eyes before sighing.

"Fine," he said, peeking his head in the front door. "Dad, I'll be back later."

"Okay, have fun," Donald said.