Chapter 29

Frank had begun working extra shifts to save up money because he knew he would be busy and stressed once college started in the fall. He came home with sticky hands, a common result of working at an ice cream shop. He was tired, he worked late.

"Hey, mom," he mumbled when he walked in the door.

"Hi, sweetheart, how was work?" She asked. "I just got home a bit ago."

"It was fine, just tiring," Frank said. "I'm just gonna go shower and then go to bed."

"Oh, I'm sorry but I just got out of the shower, there's no hot water left," Linda said.

Frank sighed. "It's alright, I love you, mom."

"I love you too, baby," she said.

Frank took a cold shower before exiting the bathroom in some warm pajamas. He gave his mom a kiss goodnight on the cheek before heading towards his room.

"Don't you want some dinner?" She asked.

"Jamia got us some burgers while on break," Frank said.

He laid in bed and was just starting to fall asleep when he heard voices in the other room.

"Frankie? Can you come out here?" Linda called.

"No, I'm sleeping," Frank grumbled.

"Please?" She asked.

Frank groaned and stood up, going out to the kitchen. Gerard was there with a big bouquet of lilies and an even bigger smile on his face.

"Will you go to prom with me?" He asked.

"Of course I'll go with you," Frank said.

"Didn't you see your room?" Gerard asked.

"No, I didn't even turn the lights on, I just went straight in to bed," he said.

Frank walked in and turned the light now. His room was painted with beautiful lilies all over his walls. It was just like his room at the old house.

"What...what is this?" He asked.

"I painted it, your mom let me in earlier and showed me a picture of your old room," Gerard said. "You always talk about how much you loved that room and that house."

"You really did all this for me?" Frank asked.

"Of course," he said.

"D-do you wanna stay the night?" Frank asked.

Gerard nodded and they laid down in bed. Frank fell asleep quickly, snuggled up in Gerard's arms.

He woke up to an empty bed and the smell of cinnamon from the kitchen. He got up found Gerard and his mom eating breakfast together.

"Gerard made us breakfast," Linda said. "He is so sweet. They are cinnamon pancakes and they are absolutely amazing."

Frank yawned and got a plate, sitting with them with a mug of coffee.

"So, do you two have any plans today?" Linda asked.

"Not that I know of," Frank said. "Do we have any plans, Gerard?"

"I didn't make any but if you want we can go out later for lunch and then maybe hang out at the skatepark," Gerard said.

Frank's phone started buzzing and he answered it.

"Hi--"

"Oh my god!" Jamia shrieked and Frank jumped, pulling the phone away from his ear as the other two in the room turned to look at him. "Debby went into labor yesterday!"