Chapter 23

Gerard laid with Frank in his bed.

"She really tear gassed you?" Frank asked.

"God, do you know how much that shit hurts?" he asked. "I was crying for at least a half an hour."

"I can imagine," Frank said. "God, that sucks. But it's all clear now?"

"Yeah, everything is fine," he said.

Gerard's phone began to ring and he saw Jamia calling him.

"Hey, Jamia, what's up?" He asked and Frank looked over at him curiously.

"Um, well, here's the thing," she said. "I have this information and the person needs to know but it can't be me who tells him. It has to be you."

"What are you talking about?" He asked.

"I was at a party yesterday," she said. "I don't even usually go to these kinds of parties, it was mostly underclassman but someone in that grade has a crush on Pete and invited him. He wanted to go because he heard there was free beer so he brought me. And, um, I-I saw Kristin--Mikey's girlfriend--kissing another guy."

"Are you serious?" Gerard asked.

"Yeah, I have photos," she said. "Not to be a creep but I just wanted proof. I'll send them to you."

"Thanks for telling me, and thanks for letting me tell him myself," he said. "I'll talk to you later."

Jamia hung up and Gerard sighed.

"What? What's wrong?" Frank asked.

"Apparently Kristin cheated on Mikey," he mumbled. "God, how am I gonna tell him?"

"Do it gently," Frank said. "Were there any notes when she released the sex tapes? Any letters?"

"No," Gerard lied.

"You need to report her, get her in trouble for posting them," he suggested.

"No because then I'll get in trouble too," he said. "And Lindsey is mentally ill, she says she's been taking her meds but I have a feeling that she's been slacking on it lately. She doesn't mean to do what she's doing and I talked with her. She's going to stop and leave us alone."

"Is she just blaming all this on her illness to avoid punishment?" Frank asked. "She sent you bloody razors and released your sex tape and fucking tear gassed you."

"She's sorry," he said. "She won't be bothering us anymore."

Frank sighed, resting his head on his shoulder. Gerard looked at Frank's bruised eye nervously.

"I'm sorry about what happened with your dad," he said. "And sorry I couldn't come see you the day after."

"It's okay, you were gassed," he said.

Gerard rubbed his back, holding him close.

"God, Mikey really likes her," he said. "This is his first girlfriend. He is going to be so devastated. This is the best that I've seen him be."

"Do you want me to go with you?" He asked.

"No, no, I should tell him alone," Gerard said.

Frank nodded and Gerard sat up. He leaned down and gave Frank a soft kiss.

"Alright, I guess I should go now because I have to tell Mikey about Kristin," he said. "This is gonna suck. I don't really know how to tell him."

"Show him the pictures, that way there's proof," he said. "Call me if you need anything."