Chapter 16

Gerard was, overall, really proud of his brother. The date seemed to go perfectly and Mikey even got his first kiss last night. She seemed nice and they got along well, Mikey said they liked a lot of the same authors and shows and movies. He was really glad that he seems to have gotten a lot more confidence since moving here.

"Thanks, Gerard, for making me talk to Kristin, I really needed that push even if I may have resented it," Mikey said.

"Yeah, no problem," Gerard said. "Just glad that now you know I don't do what I do because I want to be a dick, I just want what's best for you."

Gerard cleaned up his clothes off his floor, tossing them into the hamper.

"Okay, so, I guess that since you helped me, I can help you with something," Mikey said. "I owe you a favor."

"I just might take you up on that if I need it, maybe a shield between me and Alicia," he said.

"Wasn't Jamia saying something about it being Lindsey?" Mikey asked. "I wouldn't be surprised, honestly. She's psycho. A psycho and a bitch."

"She might be a little rude sometimes but she isn't a psycho," Gerard denied.

"One time I was standing in between you two so she pushed me into a puddle of mud," Mikey stated.

"That was an accident," he said.

"No, that was no accident," he denied. "There was also that one time where you were home sick so she stapled her hand so she could go home too."

"She never did that, it was just a rumor," Gerard said, rolling his eyes.

"She did, I watched her," Mikey said. "Why do you think her hand was bandaged for a week?"

"Why would she have even made it the way she did, it's targeted at me," he said.

"Obviously so no one would suspect her if it looks like someone is writing it who wants Frank while also pushing you back to Brunswick," he said. "Looks like it's someone else and she gets you out of it."

Gerard frowned as he looked down.

"She wouldn't hurt me," Gerard denied.

"It's not like she has actually hurt you, they may just be empty threats," Mikey said. "Besides, she was both at the party and the dance. She was the only person to be in both places. You have to admit, the fact that she was the only person to be there seems a little bit suspicious. She could've very easily taken the photos while she was there."

"Maybe that is a little bit weird," Gerard mumbled. "She doesn't like Frank at all. She was asking me at the dance to move back to Brunswick and live with Grandma and Grandpa. She was saying that I should graduate from the school I started in. And, most importantly, break up with Frank so that way we could be together."

"I would maybe look less at Alicia and start pointing fingers at Lindsey," Mikey suggested.

"Whatever," Gerard mumbled. "Frank is coming over and we're gonna be in the basement in case you need us."

"Yeah, I would rather not walk in on the two of you making out," Mikey grumbled.

The doorbell rang and Gerard hurried down to answer it. He lead Frank down to the basement, snuggling up with him on the couch.

"I missed you," Gerard said.

"Yeah, I missed you too," Frank said with a small smile.

Gerard gave him a kiss, wrapping an arm around his shoulders.

"Again, I am sorry about Lindsey the other day, I've been told that she's apparently psycho," Gerard said. "What she said to you was really uncalled for and she really shouldn't have said anything at all. I didn't know that she was going to show up at all, I know you wanted the dance to go perfect after the last time you had a date to the dance and she kind of ruined it."