Chapter 17

Gerard loved Christmas, it was by far his favorite holiday. His dad always made tree shaped pancakes and decorated them like trees using frosting. It wasn't the healthiest meal but damn it tasted good. Then they would all open presents and just hang out around the house all day in their pajamas. They always ate steak for dinner and then stayed up late watching Christmas movies together.

"Good morning, boys," Donna said when Gerard and Mikey walked down into the kitchen. "How'd you sleep?"

Donna didn't get much time off from her work, she was grateful that she got the day off on Christmas to spend some time with her sons.

"Good," mikey said.

"Merry christmas," she said, giving them both hugs.

"Merry Christmas, mom," Gerard said.

They all sat down and ate happily.

"So, Gerard, how are things going with Frank?" Donna asked.

"They're good, other than those stupid notes," he said.

"And what about you and that other girl, Mikey?" Donald asked.

"Girl? What girl?" Donna asked.

"Mikey went on a date with a girl from school," Donald said.

"Why didn't you tell me?" She asked. "You should have taken pictures for me. I missed your first date!"

"Don't worry, mom, I stalked them and took secret photos of them for you," Gerard said.

"Did you really?" Mikey gasped.

"No, no, of course not, that's just weird," Gerard said.

"I'm sorry I missed it," Donna said. "Hopefully I'll get to meet her. And I still haven't met Frank, Gerard."

Gerard just shrugged, taking a bite of his sugary pancakes.

"Maybe I can try and invite him over later, he doesn't usually do much for Christmas," Gerard said.

"That sounds nice, maybe him and his family can come over for dinner and watch movies with us," Donna suggested.

Gerard nodded, going to the fridge to get some juice. They finished eating and sat in the living room, opening gifts that their mom insisted was from Santa. The gifts mostly consisted of clothes and books, exactly what both boys wanted.

They helped clean up the wrapping paper before Gerard went upstairs. He wasn't sure if he should call Frank or not, he didn't want to disrupt him if he was doing something. He decided to send him a quick text before laying on his bed.

Gerard: Hey, do you and your mom wanna come over for dinner and to watch movies?

He sighed, looking at Mikey, who was adding his new books onto his shelf. It had to be in alphabetical order by author's last name, Mikey wouldn't have it any other way.

"Have you asked Kristin out for the second date yet?" Gerard asked.

"No," Mikey said. "I'm waiting for the right time."

"Don't wait too long," he recommended.

Frank: sure, we would love to come over

Gerard: good, come over at like five or something and wear pajamas

Gerard sat up and went downstairs to find his mom.

"They said they would come over," Gerard told her. "Will you help me wrap Frank's present?"

"What'd you get him?" Donna asked.

"A guitar," Gerard said.

Gerard knew that he promised no gifts but when he saw the guitar seventy-five percent off at the thrift store he just couldn't help himself.