Chapter 15

"So, I don't want to seem crude or anything but, like, how far exactly did you get with Jamia?" Brendon said. "Because it seemed kinda awkward at the dance."

"Um, well, we danced and held hands," Pete said. "We didn't kiss when I dropped her off. I was nervous, I wasn't sure if I should've or not. Fuck, did I make a mistake? Should I have kissed her?"

"Don't stress about it too much," frank said. "It's better to not kiss her than to kiss her when she didn't really wanna be kissed."

Pete nodded, picking up his pop can. The three of them were all hanging out in Brendon's bedroom, the tv playing in the background.

"What about you and Gerard, have you gotten over your fear of being touched yet?" Pete asked.

"We have been intimate but we haven't had sex," Frank said. "He's been going slow for me and I'm too nervous to make a first move."

"Dude, just grab his dick," Brendon said.

"No, I am not going to do that," he denied. "Where's Josh? I thought he was gonna be hanging out with us?"

"Oh, him and Debby are at a Doctor's appointment," Pete said. "Are you sure Jamia likes me? I know you said that she said she was into me but something just felt a little bit off. She was really quiet the whole time and stuff."

"She was probably just nervous, don't worry about it, man," Frank said.

"Where is Gerard? How's he doing?" Brendon asked.

"He's helping his brother," he said. "He got another one of those weird letters again. This one had a razor and was written in blood."

"Now that is just fucked up," Brendon said. "Let me tell you, if someone sent one of those letters to my Ryan then I would beat their asses."

"Yeah, I definitely wanna beat the person sending him the notes," Frank agreed. "I have to go in tomorrow to answer questions for the police. Gerard told me they're going to bring in Alicia Simmons for questioning too."

"You think she's behind this?" Brendon asked and Frank shrugged. "What if it's--"

"If you're gonna say her, no, it's not her," Frank interrupted. "And I might have done something bad. Or maybe not bad but just wrong."

"What's that?" He asked.

"I told Gerard that she was dead," Frank said. "That she died in a car accident."

"Wha--why would you do that?" Pete asked.

"I don't know, I thought it would be easier so that way I would never have to tell Gerard about her," he said. "Besides, it's all in the past, she might as well have died."

Pete frowned.

"Not like that, obviously I don't want her dead or anything but there's just no connection between us anymore, she's not the one sending the notes and nobody should point fingers at her," he said.

"You're right, maybe it is better that we all just pretended she was dead," Brendon said. "She's not really relevant anymore, you burned those bridges."

Frank shrugged, letting out a sigh.

"It was pretty bad, wasn't it?" Frank asked and they nodded. "I'm just glad that things aren't bad between us anymore."

"I still think it's fucked up that you said she was dead," Pete muttered.

"Where's Jamia?" Frank asked.

"Hanging out with her sister," Pete said. "I wanna take her out on another date, what do you think we should do?"

"If it was warmer I would say take her mini golfing, she loves mini golf," Frank said.