Chapter 27

Frank was maybe not the nicest kid in school but he definitely wasn't a bad person. He didn't bully or anything, he just kept to himself smoking pot, getting into the occasional arguments and holding grudges. He wasn't like Gerard, who practically shat rainbows and flowers and loved everyone. Frank tried to be a good person most of the time. He's only been suspended once because of a fight and that should say something.

But when it came to Lindsey, he just felt his blood boil. He just got so angry at all the nasty things she said to him and the way she made Gerard actually fearful. Not only that, but she wasted resources of the police and Alicia had to go in for questioning when she didn't even do anything. Her parents were so mad at her that they took away her phone for a month.

"Come on, it'll be fine," Gerard said. "It's my birthday."

He stepped out of the bathroom and looked at frank, who sat on the bed.

"Can you blame me for not wanting to spend the day with Lindsey?" Frank asked. "She called me poor. And I may be poor but she has no right to say that."

"She wasn't on the right meds, she's better now," Gerard said. "She can be a little bit bitchy but she really isn't all that bad."

"I'm not happy with this," he stated.

"I know," Gerard said. "But I really wanna also celebrate my birthday with Tyler and Patrick, it would be rude to leave Lindsey out."

"Only bad things can happen from being too polite, it's okay to be a little rude sometimes," he said.

"It's just dinner, only for an hour or two and then we'll come back to the motel and you'll have me all to yourself," he said.

Frank sighed, giving him a soft kiss.

"Okay but I'm not sitting next to her," Frank said. "I don't care if she apologized, I still don't trust her."

Gerard nodded, pulling him up to his feet.

"Come on, it's gonna be fun," he said.

They walked out and met up with everyone else, driving two cars to the restaurant. It wasn't a fancy place, just a sports bar. They got a table in the corner and Frank was only slightly annoyed when Lindsey took the seat next to Gerard, making him sit across from him instead because Ryan was already sitting on the other side.

"You're finally eighteen," Tyler said.

Gerard smiled proudly, nodding his head.

"You coming to the party at the beach tonight?" Lindsey asked.

"No, I'm spending the night with Frank," Gerard said.

"Come on, it'll be fun," she said.

"Trust me, we're gonna be having a lot more fun," Frank said, a slight spite in spite in his voice.

Jamia, who was sitting next to Frank, looked over at Frank with raised eyebrows.

"Frank says he's got a surprise for me," Gerard said. "We can always hang out some other time."

"But we're leaving tomorrow," she said.

Gerard shrugged, opening the menu. Frank couldn't help but smirk at the look of disappointment on her face.

"Maybe after graduation," she said.

"Yeah, I mean, we'll see each other at grad parties and stuff," Gerard said.

Gerard was totally blowing Lindsey off, everyone could tell. Frank was pretty glad about that.

"Oh, Frank, my mom was wondering if you wanted to go on vacation with us this summer?" Jamia asked. "Since it's the end of my senior year we were gonna go to California."