Chapter 21

Frank was never in a good mood when he had to go to his dad's. This year, it was even worse.

"What's wrong?" Linda asked over breakfast. "Come on, you were a little bummed about your dad's last night but you weren't nearly this upset. Did you and Jamia get into another fight? I don't get why you two always fight. You've always done that since you were little kids."

"No, mom, it isn't Jamia," he mumbled. "It's nothing."

He really wasn't wanting to tell his mom about his boyfriend's sex tapes.

"Well," she sighed. "You have everything ready? Eve will be here to pick you up soon."

"Yeah," Frank sighed. "Haworth sucks, by the way. It's filled of rich snobs. If we ever win the lottery then we are not moving to Haworth like dad did."

Linda smiled softly and nodded.

"Finish eating," she said.

Frank ate the rest of his cereal before cleaning up the dishes. There was a buzz and he sighed, grabbing his backpack.

"Try to have some fun, Baby," Linda said. "And call me if you need anything at all."

Frank nodded, giving her a hug before walking down. Eve's fancy car stuck out from all the rest as he slid into the passenger seat and forced a smile to his stepmom.

"Hello, Frank," she said.

"Hi, Eve," Frank mumbled.

She drove off, turning on the music. It was silent and awkward between them but soon they arrived in Haworth, New Jersey. Or, as Frank liked to call it, Hell. They pulled up to the house. God, Frank hated this house. His dad always liked to brag about how big it was and how much it was worth. Frank didn't care about the stupid house and how it had seven bedrooms and about how it cost almost two million dollars.

"I made some snacks," Eve said. "The boys will be back soon, they went to go grocery shopping for me."

They went inside and Frank gasped happily. The only good part about visiting his dad was that they had a dog. Lucky was a gold retriever and Frank loved her, he always wanted a dog.

"Lucky!" He cheered. "Oh, I missed you!"

He gave her a hug, smiling happily.

"Your dad should be back from work soon," Eve said. "He is very excited to see you."

"You don't have to lie," Frank said.

The place was still decorated and Frank was sure they hired someone else to do it for them. Probably one of their maids. Frank went to go upstairs when his stepmom grimaced.

"Sorry, could you take off your muddy shoes?" She asked. "Mariana just cleaned the marble floors. I can have her wash them for you and those dirty jeans too."

"I just washed these jeans," Frank said.

Eve pursed her lips and Frank just sighed, kicking his shoes off. He went upstairs down the hall to his room. It was mostly empty, Eve always encouraged him to decorate it or add more of his stuff to it so he could visit more often but he never did.

He dropped his bag on the bed and pulled out his phone. His friends were still texting him, asking him if he's seen the videos but he was ignoring them. He didn't really feel like talking about them to anyone. He knew he had to face Gerard eventually but he would cross that bridge when he came to it.

"Hello, Frank," Mariana greeted and Frank smiled. "Miss Eve wanted me to wash your jeans."

"No, it's okay, you don't have to do that," Frank said. "And not my shoes either."