Chapter 24

Frank couldn't quite believe that it was already spring break, he felt like just yesterday he was off on Christmas break.

"Are you sure you really wanna go?" Linda asked. "We can just stay home, I'll take some time off and we can do something fun together."

"I really wanna go, mom," Frank said, rolling his eyes.

"Are you sure?" She asked. "Florida is a far ways away from Belleville and you always got car sickness."

"I haven't gotten car sickness since I was a kid," he said.

Frank knew that Linda was just scared to let her son go. He's never gone on a trip before, Gerard decided to arrange this. The biggest trip he's ever been on was when him and his mother went to the coast when he was ten for the day. But now it was spring break of senior year, he wanted to join his friends on this big trip down to Florida.

"You have enough money?" She asked.

"More than enough," Frank said. "I've been saving up for months now."

"And you have your phone and charger?" She asked and he nodded. "What about Mr. Waffles?"

"Mr. Waffles? My stuffed bear from when I was a kid? Mom, I don't need to bring Mr. Waffles, I haven't slept with him since I was nine," Frank said with a small chuckle. "I'm gonna be fine, mom, I promise. I'm an adult now."

"I know, I'm just gonna miss you," she said, kissing his forehead. "No drinking, no smoking. I know that I can't stop you and you probably are but at least just do it responsibly. No driving if you're not sober. No getting into the car with anyone who's not sober. Be careful, okay?"

"Yes, mom, I know," he said.

"You'll probably take turns driving on the way there but I don't want you taking a turn to drive," Linda said. "You only got your license two weeks ago and you're just not ready to take on a drive like this just yet."

"I wasn't really planning on driving, Brendon doesn't want me to drive his mom's car anyways," he said. "I'm gonna be okay, though, I'll only be gone six days."

Linda sighed. "I know, you're an adult now. It's time for you to go out and do things on your own. I'm just going to miss you a lot and I am going to worry."

There was a honk outside and Frank smiled.

"They're here," he said.

"Okay, be careful and I love you," she said.

"I love you too, mom," he said. "I'll call you when we get to Florida and then again as often as I can."

Linda smiled and kissed his cheek. Frank grabbed his duffel bag and hurried downstairs. Brendon was borrowing his mom's minivan and the slid open. He tossed his bag into the trunk before going into the backseat where Gerard was. It was the six of them, Gerard, Frank, Jamia, Pete, Brendon and Ryan.

"Oh god, this is going to be so much fun," Ryan said. "I'm so glad that we're doing this."

"Too bad Debby and Josh couldn't come," Jamia said.

They both wanted to join their friends on the trip but Debby was eight months pregnant now and couldn't be traveling away from home.

"I don't think a pregnant woman and Florida during spring break would be a good combination," Gerard said. "Far too much booze."

"Yeah, Josh told me he was gonna take her on a picnic and to the pool and things like that," Frank said. "So at least they'll get to have some fun during the break."

"How long is it gonna take to get down to the motel?" Pete asked.

"About fourteen more hours so get comfortable," Brendon said.