Chapter 28

Gerard was so tired after the trip that he slept for almost a whole day. It was a real drag having to get himself out of bed and go back to school on Monday morning. He smiled when he saw Frank that morning, giving him a soft kiss.

"God, I am so tired," Frank mumbled.

"Me too," Gerard agreed. "You wanna ditch with me?"

Frank bit his lip as he considered it.

"I shouldn't," he said. "I should go to class."

Gerard nodded, noticing Mikey down the hall.

"Alright, I'll see you there," Gerard said. "I just need to do something first."

He gave Frank a kiss before walking over to Mikey. He didn't approach him at first, just watched the way Mikey stared at Kristin from across the hall. Although they ended their relationship months ago, he knew Mikey still wasn't really over her. He was still pretty heartbroken.

"Hey," Gerard said. "You wanna ditch class with me?"

"I have chess club after school," Mikey stated.

"Well, do you wanna sit with me and my friends at lunch?" He offered.

"No," Mikey denied.

Gerard sighed. "Mikey, you don't have to still be upset over her."

"I'm not," he said. "Just leave me alone already, you're always getting on my nerves. Just because you're my big brother doesn't mean that I need you."

Mikey walked away, leaving Gerard alone.

"Ouch, what was that about?" Jamia asked.

"He's still upset about Kristin and is kind of upset with me because I'm the one that set them up in the first place," he said. "Which is kind of unfair but whatever, he'll get over it eventually. It's his first breakup, he's pretty upset about it."

"Alright, well, call me if you need anything," she said.

Gerard went to class and sat down next to Frank.

"Everything okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, everything is fine," Gerard said. "Just checking in on Mikey, he's taking his first break up really hard."

"They weren't together for very long, he'll probably get over her soon," Frank said.

"Did you get over your first relationship easily?" He asked.

"Yeah, it wasn't bad," he said. "We weren't that serious."

Frank pulled out his notebook when class started.

"Hey, you wanna come over to my place after school?" Frank asked. "My mom's gonna be out at work so we'll have the whole place to ourselves."

"I like the sounds of that," Gerard said. "But I don't know, I think that I should stay home to hang out with Mikey a bit to maybe try and make him feel a little bit better."

As soon as the day ended Gerard went to the art class. He helped the teacher out with organizing cabinets to buy time before he drove Mikey home.

"You wanna grab some food on the way home?" He asked.

"If you're paying," Mikey said.

They stopped to get some fast food before heading home.

"There are plenty of girls out there like Kristin who's funny and smart and nerdy but who also aren't cheaters," Gerard said.

"Whatever, I don't care," Mikey said. "I told you, I'm fine. You can just stop bothering me already."

"Let me at least fix up your hair," Gerard said.