Chapter 10

I'm so excited for this chapter

~~

Gerard loved sundays, what teenager doesn't? Just him, his boyfriend and a nice bed to cuddle in. That and the mail. There was a letter addressed to him, no return address on it. Gerard laughed when he opened it.

"Did you do this?" He asked. "This is hilarious."

"Wasn't me," Frank denied.

It was a piece of paper with a note, letters cut out of newspaper and glued on like an old ransom note.

Stay away from Frank. Leave this place. Go back to Brunswick. Go back home.

"This is just ridiculous," Gerard laughed. "It had to have been Jamia. I need to show her this, she would find it hilarious."

"Why are you laughing, doesn't it feel weird at all?" Frank asked. "This is such an ominous letter."

"This is clearly some kind of joke," Gerard said. "I mean, how can anyone even take it seriously? It's comical."

He looked in the envelope and pulled out some polaroids. They were pictures taken of him and Frank at the party last night, dancing together, grinding and kissing.

"Okay, that is maybe a little bit creepy," Gerard admitted. "Who was taking pictures of us?"

On all the pictures there was a glaring X drawn over my face with a red marker.

"Gerard, I don't know, this just gives me a bad feeling," Frank said as he sat up. "Who sends this kind of thing?"

"It's a joke," Gerard said.

"It's a fucked up joke," Frank said. "Seriously, I don't think anyone would send this as a joke. I would take this seriously."

"So what? Do I just move back to North Brunswick then?" He asked.

"Well, obviously not but just don't take it so lightly," frank said. "Maybe report it to the principal, show your dad."

Gerard stared at Frank for a moment before smiling.

"What's so funny now?" Frank asked. "This isn't really a laughing matter."

"Nothing, it's just that I think this is the longest you've gone without stuttering around me," he said.

Frank sighed, looking at the images.

"Maybe it was Lindsey, she hates me," Frank said.

"Then why is my face crossed out?" Gerard asked.

Frank frowned before nodding.

"I still just think that this is a joke," Gerard said. "I mean, come on, they even cut letters out of the newspaper. It's funny."

"It is not," he denied. "It isn't funny. Gerard, someone sent you an ominous letter telling you to leave with creepy stalker photos of you."

Gerard rolled his eyes, pulling out his phone. He clicked through snapchat stories and smiled at Debby's. It was of her and Jamia out buying baby clothes.

"Look at how tiny those socks are," Gerard cooed.

"Gerard, can you take this seriously?" Frank asked.

Gerard sighed and put his phone down.

"Look, I would but it's not that serious," he stated. "Listen, if it makes you feel better then I'll show someone."

Frank nodded, kissing his cheek.

"Mikey!" Gerard called.

"No, not Mikey, an adult," Frank said.