Prologue

" You know you're insane, when they put you in a padded room. "

I am still wondering if this is all just about the room. I've been in different rooms but it doesnt change anything. I am still finding my mind. I feel like I just lost my mind and I'm trying so hard to find it.

I woke up with a very few memories. I found myself on a river inside the forest. Lying naked on its muddy ground under the moonlight.

I have no idea what happened to me. How did I end up there, and what happened to my clothes. I dont even remember my name.

There was blurry scene on my mind where a car falls off a cliff. Then there was another one where I used to walk and watch people in white dress. I sleep in an empty room with no windows.

Another is I was busy playing with random guys. Then the last is on a huge place filled with laughters and music.

That's all I've got.

Those scenes keep on flashing my mind every now and then.

That's all I can remember.

The bell rang three times as usual and everyone stood from their different spots and hurried to the table.

It was a normal day for the patients of Leafglow Mental Asylum. A mental institution founded by Dr. Roderick Leafglow, in an attempt to help his patients overcome brain damage of nuero-surgical failure.

It was a success, but not for too long.

Following the death of Leafglow, the asylum slipped down and almost closed by the government. But with the help of some personal friends, they decided to continue his legacy and rebuild the asylum. Extended the premises and renovated the whole building. More rooms are being added and an even huge reception is created.

This is where I went after I woke up from that river. This is the place I saw where those people are dressed in white. I decided to go here because thats the only place I have in mind.

They took me immediately as soon as they saw my nudity. I asked them to bring me to that familiar padded room with no windows.

Nagtataka silang lahat ng marinig akong magsalita ng maayos. Ang iba sa kanila ay nagduda kung dapat ba talaga akong ihalintulad sa isang baliw o hindi.

They were quick to believe that I was insane because of my nudity ... however I did not complain about it and insist of staying there in that mysterious room.

I became their patient and spent my life inside the asylum. The staff kept track on my status and remind me frequently to take my medicines.

After few months of observation they came up with this idea that I wasnt completely insane.

They told me I was suffering from an unknown brain disorder. They couldnt figure out how my mind functions and does its work. They find my behavior strange and unorthodox.

I am not surprised to learn about that since I myself is doubting my own sanity.

They came up with a wrong conclusion because I act different from the rest of the patients. I am silent most of the time and a good follower.

Lahat ng mga patakaran dito ay sinusunod ko ng walang kahit anumang sinasabi. Kuntento ako sa kung ano mang kinalalagyan ko ngayon kaya naman hindi kaso sa akin ang pagsunod sa lahat ng mga sinasabi nila.

But despite of my physically stable condition, I know my mind is playing tricks with me.

I started to see things that is not even there. I suffer from
hallucinations. I heard voices in my head. I can feel my organs inside my body.

As the days goes by .. bizarre things happen inside my brain. I suddenly felt an urge to read books. I requested a lot of both academic books and novels. I read all of them in the padded room without even caring to go to sleep. I can read seven straight nights without getting any sleep.

I began to show interest with numbers. I studied almost all the formulas from the very basic up to the most complicated ones. I studied the law of physics and its principles.

I became familiar with science of the human body. I got interested on everything and spent my time reading and studying.

One of the nurse befriended me and tried to talked to me when she had the chance. I do not see any reasons to decline so I made friends with her.

She frequently told me what kind of world is waiting for me outside. She told me about the normal life I can have. The things that my age usually do and the people I am soon to met.

She gave me a glimpse of a larger world aside from the four corners of this place. A world where I can live normal like the others.

The real world waiting for my existence.