Chapter 39: Out of Fire

Roughly two days had passed since that loss of game 1. My teammates are looking forward for our next game and having the home court this time gives everybody at least a bit of comfort.

Me on the other hand just happy they were feeling better. Sa totoo lang hindi na ako naghahangad ng kung ano pa. I am doing my best to contribute to the team, but if we lost, we lost. No more reasons.

Thats why seeing my team back on track and collected themselves again just gave me some relief.

In four day time we will be facing Fontana again for game number 2. But prior to that, I have been constantly reminded that there will be an even larger event than our game. Of course men's basketball is rather the most anticipated game in MCSL. And one player keeps on bugging me to come over to 25'th and watch his game even though I turned it down multiple times.

I just dont know what to do with Jared anymore.

Oh, come to think of it. Ngayong gabi pala ang laro nila. I already said my reminders and best of luck, although they werent actually relying on luck. Bahala na siya.

We are currently on our second subject today and its the all time favorite calculus and statistics. And I've been hearing countless curses and swearing from my seatmates here who almost wanted to tore their papers in front of them. Kasalukuyan kaming may quiz ngayon at hindi na natapos tapos ang bulungan dito sa paligid ko. Tiana and Bridgette was one of frustrated students swearing at the back because of the test.

Jamie always seats beside me while those two seats behind us. They are with Maxiel and other girls from our class.

Hindi ako matalino kaya nga hanggat maaari ay nag b-browse agad ako ng mga notes ko. So it wouldnt be hard when exams like this happens.

The questions here are just normal, kung nag review ka. But if you didnt, then you know what to expect. As for me, like I said hindi ako matalino pero nasagutan ko naman lahat ng tanong. Ang problema nga lang ay hindi ko kayang garantyahan kung tama ba ang mga sagot ko. Ito ang lumabas sa computation ko, I got no other choice but to trust what I have in mind.

The quiz is good for only one hour and a half. I finished mine with only 17 minutes remaining, while Jamie finished way ahead. Ang totoo kanina ko pa napansin na tapos na siya. She is just sitting comfortably on her seat and waiting for the allotted time to expire.

I secretly smiled when a thought just occur to me.

Jamie is actually brilliant. This shows off obviously even when she plays basketball. She's sharp and has good reflexes. Mabilis magdesisyon at may tiwala sa sarili niya. That's why if you will ask me among my teammates, I would say Jamie has all the qualities to take over the position of being the team captain.

We needed someone who is calm and uses her mind well rather than her emotions. Someone whose principles arent easily broken. Someone who will brought the team together and lead them by discipline and sportsmanship.

Jamie defines all of that. Its very rare to find someone as good as her. Halos wala akong masabi. My teammates always says I'm the most quiet person on the team. They may be right though dahil hindi naman talaga ako palasalita. But when I think about Jamie, siguro kung wala ako, si Jamie ang pinakatahimik sa team. Its just my opinion though. She is also the most rational and serves as the team's moral compass. I think growing up with a lawyer dad gets you disciplined and well behaved.

Napakurap ako nang nag chime at nagmamadaling magsitayuan ang lahat. Napasandal ako at inantay na lang silang makapagpasa lahat. I gazed at the window and watch students down below. Who would have thought I will find home in this kind of setting ?