Chapter 38: A Guide

My mind was blown away and all I could ever think of was the phenomenal meteor shower on the majestic night sky that I am witnessing.

I am speechless after I said how beautiful it was. But beyond all these, the most satisfying feeling I've ever had right now is being with the sweetest boy I've ever met. To be with his presence is enough to be comfortable and peaceful. My safest place indeed.

I couldnt remember anything that I said after I heard those words. The camera started rolling and capturing the view on the sky. He must have set that up way earlier. Thats why he's busy when I woke up.

" I did my research about the astronomy, the constellations, the galaxy and even the myths and legends. I dont know what else should I be doing next. All I know is that you became my obsession. Everything about you is what fascinates me. And before I knew it, I was also interested by things you love the most, your favorite things and every single detail about you. Damn it, what have you done to me River ? "

" oy dont blame me for that. Who slid into someone's DM's first ? "

He responds with a playful smile and cuddled with me. See ? Hindi siya makasagot. This made me laugh so hard.

I dont intend to take this against him but of course I know my trump card. And besides, its true. He messaged me first. HAHAHAHA

" what are your thoughts that time ? "

" when ? "

" when my name appeared on your notifs. "

" oh uhm— actually I saw pictures of you on Lorrie's photos before that party. But I'm not really interested because you know, I dont wanna be around rich people and I dont have any plans of being friends with them even though Lorrie is insisting that I should meet you guys. Ang totoo nga pinilit niya lang akong pumunta sa party na yun. Mister and Mrs. Delver invited me there too so I got no choice but to show up there. But if it wasnt for them I wouldnt have attended that. "

Wait, did I answered his question ?

" Yeah, Lorrie mentioned it. She said you're not into parties and stuff "

" Lorries' giving me away, isnt she ? "

" hindi naman. She just loves telling how kind and nice you are. I think she just really likes you. Is she your close cousin ? "

I felt a slight tension when I heard this. It's been some time. I almost forgotten about this family thing issue between me and Jared. And this is very unusual. He didnt mentioned anything family related topic before. But look what do we got here. He started to ask about my relationship with the Delvers.

" uhm, yes she— she's one of my closest cousin "

" she's so fond of you "

I turned sideways and lifted his head from resting on my shoulder. I need to have a deep talk with him.

" Jared I want an honest answer from you. Even before we've met, I saw your comments on those two pictures of me that was on Lorrie's story. Why is that ? Why are you guys commenting on that ? "

He did not answer at tinawanan niya lang ako habang nakayuko. Pinilit ko siyang tumingin sa akin at pinigilan siyang umiwas ulit.

" I knew it "   bulong ko habang tinitingnan siyang tawanan ako.

" you read that ? "

" yes I did mister "

" I meant it though. "

" but my question is, why did you commented when we havent met yet ? "

Tumawa nanaman siya at talagang umiiwas siya sa tanong na ito. And I have also come into a realization that this seems too late. I should have asked him about this way earlier since we started dating.