Chapter 36: Love and Addiction

Warning
*****
Matured Content

I got the the quick pass from Tiana at dineretsyo na ito agad sa ring. I collided with Ale but still manage to released the ball but it missed. I was gonna take the rebound but Bridgette was there and Ale pushes me away so they can secure the ball.

Pinagtutulungan talaga ako ng dalawang to.

Tinawanan ako ni Tiana dahil siya ang tumanggap ng bola mula kay Bridgette then nagtakbuhan na sila sa kabilang ring.

Ate Roshel tapped my back before passing right beside me. I just smiled and run there too. We rendered three hours for the practice until coach Donny called it a day. We all went to the bench right after we heard the whistle.

Ito na ang huling araw ng practice dahil kinabukasan ay game 1 na. At homecourt ng Fontana as it was a tradition for the first game to be at the defending champion's homecourt. I got mixed feelings about this but I have to set it all aside and concentrate.

" do you think we can win a game ? "

Jamie sat beside me and sighed after having a drink from her bottle.

I gave her a slight smile and rested my back.

" I'm not an optimistic person but I dont think that will make me pessimistic either. But I'd like to set my mind within the limits of reality. We've seen how Fontana plays, and we can expect more of them here in the championships. Judging from those facts, I will definitely say we will not stand a chance against them. Not for the first time since DSU has taken quite a break from entering the finals. Though I think on the bright side this will be a great opportunity to see Fontana up close. Who knows when re reach finals next season ? If by any chance we made it this far again, then we know what to do with the angels "

She had this unbelievable reaction on her face before she laughed and tapped my back.

" this is why we needed you on the team. A good decision maker and strategist. A rational thinker who can pull off a good set up for the team. I dont know what we'll do without you. "

" you think so ? I still couldnt see improvements from myself though "

" do not make a bluff River. If there is one player we shouldnt lose, its probably you. "

" HAHAHA how many times do I have to tell you that I do not take compliments from you guys. You know me better than anyone else. "

" and we're really lucky we know someone as genuine as River Fabiery "

" oh please Natalia, you're making me so overrated "

" thats the truth .. "

Nagkibit balikat siya at tumawa na lang muli. Saglit din akong napaisip kung ano nga bang magiging lagay namin kaharap ang Fontana.

But then I realized, no matter what would be the outcome, the world will still be in orbit. Whether we win or not, at the end of the day, its just a game.

I just helped myself sighed with relief before standing up and went home. I can feel the tiredness all over me when I parked the car. I was at the lounge when I noticed Harold and Ash just got home too. Well, I'm not sure if Ash just regularly visits Harold but I always seen him with Harold even at school. They even had friends in my class.

" Haro- "

I was not able to call him because I was so shock when I bumped into someone who just got out from the elevator.

The orange juice she was drinking from a tetra pack was spilled on her beige blouse, down to her white cotton shorts.

I did not manage to catch everybody's attention but her loud scream did.