One

I sigh as I lounge lazily against the wall, my ass starting to hurt because of the hard ground. The chill from the cement seeps through my hair as I sigh tiredly, my hand reaching up to play with the singular dermal piercing I have by my eye. My teeth play around with the hoop in one of my lip piercings as I stare at the far wall, boredom making me groan in frustration.

"Is my mom here yet?" I yell from my spot on the floor, looking through the bars of the cell I am in. I don't get a reply, not like I was expecting one, rolling my eyes as I glance to the side at the three other girls sitting in the cell with me.

"The fuck are you looking at?" I spit out, watching in satisfaction as they flinch away from me in fear.

I smirk to myself, not missing the way their eyes travel around my face and ears to look at my numerous piercings, them also lingering on my tattoo-riddled arms and legs. I chuckle quietly at how scared they seem to be, looking straight forward again as I wait for the woman who birthed me to come pick me up.

"Come on, Charlotte. Your mom's here."

"My name's Charley" I bite out spitefully, moaning in pain as I force myself to stand up. My legs and ass ache from the uncomfortable floor I was sitting on as I pass by the police officer that is holding the cell door open, turning around to wave bye to the girls I was with.

"Pathetic" I say with a smirk as they cower in fear, grinning when the officer shakes his head in disappointment. I could care less what he thinks of me as I walk with my head up high towards the front where a woman in a dress suit is waiting.

I can tell from the look on her face that she is not amused in the slightest as she talks with the police officer that brought me in, her eyes hard when she sees me coming her way.

"Thanks officer, I'll make sure that this doesn't happen again."

She takes ahold of the backpack I got confiscated from me before motioning with her head for me to follow her out and into the car. She sighs as soon as we both settle in, her knuckles turning white as she grips onto the steering wheel and pulls out of the police station's parking lot.

The ride is silent, just the way I like it. She knows that I don't really like talking, which is why she doesn't say anything about what happened until we are about three minutes away from the house.

"Really, Charley, another fight?"

I simply shrug, playing with the strands of my grey hair as she clicks her tongue in annoyance.

She sighs, "that was your last chance. The principle warned you that if you were caught fighting a student again they would expel you. I already have you enrolled in another school, so hopefully you don't ruin things this time."

"It's not my fault the slut slapped me" I say with a roll of my eyes. "In my defense, I didn't know that it was her boyfriend I slept with. She should have hit the cheating asshole instead of me."

"There you go again with the freaking excuses" she mumbles with a sigh as we pull into the driveway. "I don't care how it happened. I just- what the heck Charley!?! Are these real?"

She gasps as I nod my head, her mouth screwing into a thin, pink, line as she glares down at the black ink on my hands and fingertips. I watch, amused, as she starts to shake with anger, opening the car door as she does the same.

"It's your senior year and you're already messing around with guys and getting tattoos. I was ok with your snake bite piercings, or whatever the frick you call them, but what the heck is this?" she yells again, pointing at the piercing beside my right eye.

I smirk as I cross my arms, poking my tongue out from between my teeth so that I can show off my relatively new tongue piercing as well. I watch as she lets out a tired sigh before pinching the bridge of her nose, obviously fed up with me already.

"Whatever. I don't care anymore. Just.....just don't mess things up with this school. It's made for people like you and your brother, so you should fit in just fine."

With that she turns around and walks towards the house, leaving the front door open for me as she goes. I scoff and cross my arms as I follow her, just glad that her lecture didn't last as long as it did the last time I was arrested.

I take my shoes off and close the door behind me, picking up the discarded backpack that my mom had left at the bottom of the stairs for me. I don't look at her as she begins making dinner in the kitchen, heading up the stairs and towards the room my older sister and I share.

"What's up, kid?"

I groan in annoyance and roll my eyes when I see my sister, Liz, and her boyfriend, Kyle sitting together on her bed. I ignore him as I slide my leather jacket off of my arms, hearing Liz gasp as she stands to take a closer look at me.

"What the hell happened to you?" She asks as she eyes my bruised knuckles.

"Finished a fight that a bitch started" I grumble under my breath, feeling her eyes as they take in all of the tattoos on my now-exposed arms.

"When did you get that fresh ink?" A voice from behind me asks, making me turn around with a slight smile. I grin at my oldest sibling as he motions towards the new tattoos I have got my left hand and wrist.

"Yesterday" I say with a shrug, watching as an impressed smile lights up Jay's face. His shirt is open, exposing the ink on his collarbone as he leans against the doorway, his gaze hardening when he turns towards where Kyle is still sitting.

"What are you still doing coming over here?" He asks threateningly, making Kyle gulp slightly. "I beat you up once, and I'm not afraid to do it again.

"Jay!" Liz yells as she crosses her arms, her manicure nails standing out against her pale skin. "Don't talk to him like that!"

"It's ok, babe" Kyle says with a strained smile, standing up and kissing her on the cheek. I pretend like I'm gagging and he throws a glare my way, making me wink at him in return.

"I was just leaving anyway."

He walks out of the room, avoiding Jay as much as possible as he does so. Liz stomps her foot as she scowls at Jay in anger, stalking up to him with her fists clenched.

"Why do you always act like that? It's your fault that Charley is the way that she is!"

And then she walks past him, intentionally bumping into his shoulder as she follows her boyfriend like the lost puppy she is. I can't help but roll my eyes as Jay smiles at me, flopping down so that I am laying on top of my black and blue covers.

So what if I act like Jay? I have always looked up to him, so I'm not ashamed of who I have become. I act this way because I like it, and no one can tell me otherwise. Besides, I would rather live the life I do right now than a pathetic and meaningless one like before.