Two

"You are lucky they don't make you guys wear uniforms like they made my year" Jay says as he watches me pick up discarded clothes from off the floor, him leaning against the wall.

I roll my eyes in response as I brush my hands off on my distressed skinny jeans, making sure my loose, black t-shirt is tucked into the high waist of them. I don't bother putting on any makeup, running my fingers through my hair before putting it up into a messy bun on the top of my head.

"What changed?" I ask as I look around for a black choker, sliding one fingerless glove made out of fishnet material onto my right hand while I leave my left one exposed to show off my freshly tatted skin. I put black hoops in my snake bite piercings, turning to look at my brother as he shrugs.

"My senior year they got tired of telling a bunch of troublemakers that they had to wear uniforms when it was clear that they wouldn't, so they just stopped."

"Good" I say as I pick up my tattered black backpack and stand up straight. "I wouldn't have worn a fucking uniform if my life depended on it."

"Besides, I'm too hot for that shit. I would have dressed the way I wanted to anyway" I finish with a smirk, remember how red my old principle got when I walked in wearing a sports bra and sweats to school.

People can stare at me all they want. I know I've got a killer body, and my face isn't all too bad either. I will wear what I think I look good in, and no one's words or opinions are going to stop me from doing so.

"You're way too confident in your looks" he says with a roll of his eyes, a smirk still on his lips as he plays around with his piercing. "I've taught you well, baby sis."

"Shut up, loser."

I nudge his shoulder playfully as I walk out of my room and down the stairs, ready to face the day. For some reason, I don't mind going to this school. Jay went to the school a couple years ago, and he says it is there just to keep troublemakers like us out of the streets. The only thing is, I wish that Jay wasn't so much older than me. I would have felt better knowing that he was going to school with me, but he graduated years ago.

I step into the kitchen as the smell of eggs and bacon fill my nose, my mom's back turned towards me as she finishes plating everything up. She smiles at me as I make my way over to the table, her smile dropping when she takes in what I am wearing.

"Unacceptable. Change right now" she says sternly as her eyes rake over my legs, or more specifically, the tattoos that are peaking out from between the holes in my jeans.

"Fuck no" I say with my mouth full of toast and jelly, taking a sip of orange juice as I glare at the table.

"Watch the way you speak to me, young lady!"

"Sorry" I say with a tired sigh as I slap Jay's hand away from the bacon before taking some for myself. "I meant, no mother......why don't you make me?"

Jay snorts as my mom's mouth drops open, him unable to keep a straight face as he winks at me. I watch as she bristles noticeably, her wiping her hands off on her apron.

"Don't encourage her" she scolds as she slaps the back of his head, causing his SnapBack to fall off and into his plate of eggs. This time it's my turn to laugh at his face of mortification as he stares at the plate with wide eyes, me taking this opportunity to steal the last piece of bacon from his hand before shoving it in my mouth.

I ignore his yells as I run back up the stairs to brush my teeth, rushing back down to put a pair of black combat boots on. Mom peaks her head around the corner as she watches me lace them up, her hands behind her back.

"Do you have your schedule?"

"Yes mom."

I huff, tying my laces faster.

"Do you want a ri-"

"No mom."

"O-ok. Have fun at-"

"Bye mom."

She sighs as I grab my skateboard and walk out the door, slamming it shut behind me. I know that I was being rude, but I didn't want to talk to her. I also know that she would have been late for work if she had dropped me off, so it's better if I just leave and head over there myself.

The air feels nice against my face as I skate down the empty sidewalk, my arms hanging loosely by my sides as I skirt around bushes and random light posts. The sky is still a little dark as I make my way closer to my new school, yawning when I realize that I should have just slept in. Mom wanted me to be on time for my first day there, but that won't be a habit that I will be keeping.

As I get closer to the school I can't help but admire it, taking in the tall building and the trees around it. I do notice the high gates at the entrance though, this reminding me more of a prison than a high school. Apparently, it is for grades 11 and 12, a few college students going here as well. Jay said that they keep them here until they get an associates degree, which I find to be complete and utter bullshit. They shouldn't be able to force us into doing two years of college, but no one else seems to have a problem with this aside from me.

I skate inside of the gates while the security guards glare at me threateningly, making me shoot them the middle finger as I pass by. They don't try to stop me, but I can feel the heat of their eyes as they watch me from their spots by the entrance.

"Watch where you're going!" I hear someone yell, looking to my right and seeing a girl with dark brown hair glaring at me. I don't pay any attention to her, rolling my eyes at her instead. It's not like I was in danger of running her over, seeing as she was still a good ways away from me when I went past.

"Hey! I was talking to you, slut!"

At this I stop, flipping my board up so that I can catch it in one of my hands. I turn towards her and scowl, not in the mood to deal with a whiny little bitch like her.

"I thought this school was for troublemakers, not prissy rich hoes like you" I snarl darkly, stepping towards her with a glare. She is about to say something when she stops, her eyes scanning my face.

"Ew" she says with a disgusted look, making her little posse of friend's laugh behind her. Her eyes linger on my piercings as well as the small tattoo of a broken heart I got on my right cheekbone with I was sixteen, crossing her arms over her chest. "What happened to your face?"

I smirk, "your boyfriend didn't have a problem with my face when I was fucking him last night."