Twenty-eight

I'm not as drunk right now as I wish I was.

If I was drunk, I wouldn't mind the awkward silence that consumes all of us as we sit on top of Sami's bed and in random places around her room. If I was drunk, I wouldn't feel so suffocated right now.

"Everyone is so weird today" Yoongi states with a sigh, lounging back on his spot on the bed.

"How so?" Namjoon asks, glancing around the room before training his gaze on his hyung.

Yoongi sighs again, "Charley is abnormally angry, Sami hasn't stopped frowning since the fight, Jin hyung isn't cracking any jokes to fill the silence, you keep biting your nails, Jungkook....well, he's just being himself, and Jimin has been in a bad mood since we left that bar."

"What about me?" Hoseok whines with a frown, crossing his arms.

"Hoseok........you're still ugly."

I can't help but let out a breathy laugh at his harsh words, it obvious that he was just kidding. Hoseok's face is painted with disbelief as his eyes widen, his face turning red as he splutters about how Yoongi always tries to provoke him.

Their teasing banter goes to the back of my mind as I think about all that has happened today, my bad mood returning but for a different reason. Drinking has always brought out my negative thoughts if I am given too much time to think about them, my undesirable childhood coming back to haunt me every time I let myself slip. I can feel it as the walls that I always keep around me start to creep higher as I slip deeper into my memories, leaving me unable to put on my usual facade.

"Charley......you ok?"

I look up at the concerned voice, locking eyes with Jungkook. His quiet whisper hadn't been heard by anyone else, their laughter still loud as they continue joking around. I nod at him as I stand up, grabbing my phone from on top of the bed and turning towards the door.

"I'm going to my room to change" I call behind me, feeling everyone's eyes on my retreating form. They don't respond as I leave the room, it silent as everyone's eyes follow my retreating form. It's as if they don't know what to say, it clear to them that something is bothering me. I silently thank them for not bringing it up as I leave, closing the guest room door behind me with a soft sigh. 

My hand runs down my face as I turn off the light and walk towards my bed, shedding my clothing as I go. I don't bother changing into anything, despite what I told my friends, instead slipping underneath the covers in my bra and underwear. My phone vibrates on the bedside table to my left and I suppress another groan, picking it up and squinting at the bright screen. The name that appears on it makes me pause before my curiosity gets the better of me and I open up my messages.

I scan past the numerous text messages my mom has been sending me since I started staying with Sami, going to the bottom where the latest one is.

Where are you? It's time to come home, hun. I think you've had enough time to think about what you did. Your father is back by the way. He wants to see you. 

I roll my eyes as I scowl, sending her a quick Fuck You before turning my phone completely off and placing it back on the bedside table. She must be on crack if she thinks that I would come back just because my dad said he wanted to see me.

 With that thought in mind I close my eyes and go to sleep, hoping that school is easy since it's Friday tomorrow.

........................

"Charley? Can I come in, please?"

I sigh to myself and roll my eyes as I root through my clothing options, trying to block out Jimin's voice as he yells through the door. He has been trying to get me to let him in since we made eye contact as I was walking back to my room from the bathroom this morning, it starting to give me a headache.

"I told you to wait until I was done getting ready" I yell back at him, smirking when he groans in frustration before falling silent. 

I take the towel off of my head and let my hair air dry for the moment, deciding that I want to show up wearing something put together today. It's been a while since I actually tried when it came to my outfit, so I might as well. 

I put on a white, strapless bandeau top that shows off my shoulders as well as some cleavage, it stopping just underneath where my bra would be if I were wearing one. Light blue skinny jeans go on my toned legs, large holes going up and down them. White fishnet tights show through the holes, the top band and some of the thin fabric peaking out from the top of the low-riding jeans. White sandal-like heels go on my feet before I head over to my vanity, quickly doing my hair and makeup.

For my hair I keep it simple, curling the ends and putting it in a half up half down style with a ponytail. I fill in my brows, do a winged eyeliner look with mascara, add highlight, and put on a matte, red lipstick for makeup, grabbing my phone and wallet from my bedside table before opening the door to my room.

"What do you want?" I ask curiously, watching as Jimin looks at me from across the hall.

He goes to say something before his mouth goes slack, his eyes straying from my face to trail down my body. I can't help but smirk at him blatantly checking me out like he is, leaning against the doorframe as I wait for him to answer me.

"I-I, uh...." he blinks to clear his mind, quickly looking back into my eyes as if he doesn't want to give me the satisfaction of knowing that he was checking me out.

"I wanted to apologize about dragging you away from that guy yesterday."

This time around it's my turn to blink at him, unsure why he would turn up at my bedroom door just for that.

"You don't have to, Jimin. I snapped at you yesterday when it wasn't even your fault, so I should be the one apologizing. I'm sorry that I took out my anger on you."

"I was not expecting that" he mumbles to himself as he pushes off from the wall and comes to stand in front of me. The proximity allows me to smell the subtle cologne that he always seems to wear, the murky scent adding to his masculinity. 

"Friends?" he asks cautiously, holding his hand out in front of him. I don't hesitate to grab his hand and shake it, a smirk lifting up the corner of my lips.

"Friends."