Eighteen

I couldn't stay in the house any longer. I apologized to the guys, explaining that something came up and they had to leave. I felt bad, but I didn't know them all that well yet. I didn't know if I could open up to them like I only do with a select few people.

Now here I am, in my favorite tattoo shop surrounded by the people who I had grown up around thanks to Jay.

They had become my family after a couple of years, me going to this shop every time I felt as if my real family was too much for me to handle. Sami stopped hanging out here after her and Daesung broke up, but I still came. Even after Jiyong and I broke up I still came here, us able to put aside our differences and still be friends.

I lift up my shirt to check on the new tattoo that I just got, admiring the colors that look a little distorted due to the wrap Jiyong placed around it so that it could heal. The skin stings a little bit, but other than that I feel nothing, enjoying the slight pain it brings me.

"What are you going to do about your dad?" Youngbae asks with a frown, tutting when all I do is shrug my shoulders. Seungri swings his arm over my shoulder and I lean into him, excepting the can of beer that he hands to me.

"You'll be ok though, right?"

I look over at Jiyong as he puts his tools away and nod at him, smiling despite the feeling of impending doom that has been creeping in on me ever since my mom dropped the news on me. I don't want to seem weak though. I don't want to seem as if I'm scared of what will happen if he moves back in with us.

"I'll be fine guys" I say with a smirk, chugging my beer before tossing the can in the trash. "I can stick up for myself now. If he tries anything, all I have to do is swing."

"That's my girl" Seunghyun says as he throws me another can, causing me to wink at him as I catch it.

I can always be myself around these guys. Jiyong made the rule that if any of us felt distressed or like we needed a release, we would meet here. Getting a tattoo has always been a stress reliever for me, and he knows it. The small back room fills with loud laughter and yelling as we joke around with each other, the guys helping me forget about my problems for the time being.

I'm not sure how much I drank tonight, but I can tell that I'm at least buzzed. I can still walk straight and think coherently, but my breath probably reeks of alcohol.

The air is cold tonight, it causing me to pull my jacket tighter around me. My hair blows around my face but I don't move to control it in any way, closing my eyes as I stand still in front of my front door as I enjoy the solitude.

Jay texted me a few minutes ago saying that he wanted to talk to me, and I can only assume that he found out about mom talking to dad again. People keep asking me why I'm so close with my brother when he was a delinquent for most of my childhood growing up, and the answer was simple. He was the only one who believed me about the abuse I was receiving.

Everyone else laughed at me and said it was my imagination running wild, and that I should be able to tell the difference between reality and my nightmares. Only he comforted me, and promised me that he would keep me safe. He was always there for me, and I will forever be thankful for that. It didn't matter what he did or what he looked like because in my eyes, he was my hero and I wanted to grow up to be just like him.

I finally decide that I had been standing in front of my house for too long, opening the door before closing it behind me. I take my shoes off as gracefully as I can, it a little difficult to balance on one foot while I'm in my slightly intoxicated state. It takes a while but I manage, sighing to myself as I climb the stairs and make my way towards Jay's room.

"What were you doing out so late?"

I jump and stumble slightly at the sound of his voice, not expecting to see him here this late on a weekday. I compose myself quickly though, glaring at Kyle as he leans against the wall in front of me.

"Piss off" I hiss out, pushing my way past him. He chuckles before grabbing my wrist, pulling me back so that I am facing him.

"What do you want?" I ask with a tired sigh, crossing my arms as I lean against the wall. I narrow my eyes at the smirk that appears on his face as he draws closer to me, realizing the compromising position I just got myself into.

"I want" he pauses, trailing his finger down my neck until he reaches my chest "to spend some quality time with you."

I don't know how to respond, disgust swelling up inside of me as a grimace takes over my features. Why the hell is he saying shit like that when he is dating my sister?

"What makes you think that I would want to spend time with you?"

"Don't be that way" he chides, putting his hands on my waist and pulling me closer to him. "I've seen your bruises."

I frown, "What?"

He chuckles as I swat his hands away from me, pushing on his chest to create more space between us. He quickly closes in on me again, crushing me against the wall with his body as he does so.

"You know what I mean" he whispers, kissing my jaw lightly. "I know you like it rough."

"Fuck you."

I'm tired of playing nice because he's my sister's boyfriend. If he's really going to hit on me like the desperate cheat he is, he doesn't deserve her.

He groans in pain as I knee him in the balls, him bending over as he cups his family jewels. I don't hold back, rearing back before letting my fist fly straight into his face, him yelling as he hits the opposite wall.

"What the fuck is going on?" mom yells as she appears at the bottom of the stairs, a bathrobe on to cover her pajamas. I open my mouth to speak when my bedroom door opens and Liz pops her head out, her eyes widening when she sees Kyle holding onto his nose in front of me.

"What did you do?!?" she screams, shooting daggers at me as she runs over to the idiot. All the noise attracted Jay, him coming out of his room as well as I roll my eyes in exasperation.

"That bastard tried to feel me up" I spit out as I point a finger at him, looking at Liz as she continues to glare at me. "You should have heard all the nasty shit he said."

"Stop lying" she hisses, standing up and facing me. "I know you hate him, Charley. Why are you making up bullshit just to get us to break up?"

"What?" I don't know what else to say, my eyes wide as I stare at Liz. How could she not believe me? Why would I punch him like that unless he was doing something detestable? She knows how much I hate him. She knows that it would take a lot for me to actually punch him, so why is she defending him?

"You smell like alcohol" mom says when she makes her way up the stairs and to my side, making me stiffen. "I've told you numerous times not to bring your violent acts into this household."

"What the fuck is wrong with you guys?" I ask incredulously, not believing what I am hearing. "He tried to get me to sleep with him, yet your defending him?"

"Charley, that's enough!"

I stare at my mom in shock as she raises her voice at me, my mouth hanging open as she crosses her arms.

"You come home drunk, punch your sister's boyfriend, and then make up a lie to justify your rash actions. I am sick and tired of you disregarding my rules and acting as if you own this place. I want you out of this house until you can learn how to behave!"

I gulp, searching her eyes to find some sort of reasoning behind all this. This must be a fucking joke. She would really kick me out because of something like this? My eyes harden when I don't find any remorse in her eyes, my teeth grinding together as my suppressed hatred for the woman seems to grow. It wouldn't be the first time she hasn't believed me, so what should I have expected?

"Fine."