Twenty-nine

The teacher drones on and on as us students either listen dutifully or ignore him, me being part of the latter group. Jimin is on my right and Jungkook is on my left, neither of them paying any attention to what is being said either.

I am absentmindedly playing with my pencil as Jungkook plays with the holes in my fishnets. I don't even think he realizes that he is doing it, a far-off look on his face as his fingers play with the different textures. I've noticed that he really likes the feel of uneven textures, especially if it has to do with clothing. I'm bored enough that I don't say anything to deter him, instead trying to see how many tiles make up the ceiling above us.

"One hundred and eighty" I mumble out loud, gaining Jimin's attention. He furrows his brows at me and I point up towards the ceiling, his eyes widening in realization. The smile that he sends my way shocks me, my eyes blinking as I try and get out of my momentary daze. That has never happened before, my heart thudding rhythmically in my chest. What the fuck was that?

His attention seems to have been noticed by someone else as well. The new girl, Haru, is glaring at me. If glares could kill, I would have been dead at least five times over. I scoff as I turn back to face Jimin once more, placing my cheek in the palm of my hand as my elbow rests on the desk in front of me.

"What is it with all these new girls wanting to get in your pants?" I ask in all seriousness, pouting up at him in aggravation. 

"I know that you're hot and all, but they know that you have six attractive as hell friends, right? Can't they go after on of them instead?"

"What are you....?" he glances over at Haru, the new girl who has quickly become obsessed with him, looking back down at me as I play with his shirt sleeve.

I continue, "I mean, come on. It is so fucking aggravating. They take one look at me and immediately hate me because I'm always around you. It's not my fault that guys are attracted to me. Besides, it is literally her first day here and she has already claimed you as her own. I bet she was used to getting everything she wanted at that stuck up school for rick kids she came from."

This is such a hassle for me. I think we can all agree that Jimin is sexy as fuck, but they need to tone it down a little. Haru has literally had one other class with him and is already glaring at any girl that stands near him. Yeah, I admit that she is pretty enough to get away with her behavior if they were actually dating, but they don't even know each other. All her glaring is making me overly protective of him, and I don't even like him like that. 

"Just ignore her" Jimin says lowly, nudging my shoulder with his own. "She's not worth your time."

That's when the bell for lunch rings, the classroom filling with excited voices at the prospect of finally getting out of class. Our group of three stands to leave before a quiet curse leaves Jungkook's mouth, his stuff falling back onto the desk.

One of the things that fell happened to be his open gatorade bottle. I watch with wide eyes as it bounces once on the desk before tipping over, its contents spilling right on top of my lap. I hold in a squeal of shock at how cold it is, the red drink immediately staining my pants as I stand and hurriedly try to wipe it off.

"Jeon Jungkook!" I yell, glaring daggers at him. "I should punch you in the dick for that!"

"I'm sorry, Charley" he says softly, having the decency of looking overly apologetic for having ruined my pants. I simply sigh as we all start walking towards the cafeteria, not making a big deal out of it. I can wash them later I guess. It's a good thing I have an extra skirt in my locker. 

I tell the guys to head over to our table without me as I go to my locker and take the skirt out, going into the closest bathroom to change. The short, skater-style skirt that I had with me is black, red, and white in a plaid pattern, it actually not looking bad with my current top. I ball up my pants and fishnets before stuffing them back into my locker, heading towards the cafeteria myself.