The Birth (part 2) Chapter 21

Leia's POV

We pull up to the hospital and thank goodness Luke finds a spot right next to the elevator. We park and head into the building as we get to the reception desk I groan as I get another contraction. "I assume you are looking for the labor and delivery ward," she says jokingly causing me and Luke to laugh slightly. 

"Yeah" I whisper as my contraction subsides. "On level three and then down the hall to your right," she says. "Thanks," we say then head to the third floor.

We get our papers and a room after we check in at the reception desk in the delivery ward then head to our room to get settled in. 

After we set our stuff in the room and I change into my hospital gown which I will say could definitely be a lot cuter and Luke finishes filling out our paperwork.

 I hear a knock on the door "Come in." I say as two young nurses come in along with my doctor (Dr.  Shelby Scott)"Looks like she is going to be a week early." she says smiling.

 I smile back and reply jokingly "Yup you know her always full of surprises and likes to keep us on our toes." Which causes everyone in the room to laugh. 

"Okay we have to check your vitals along with your dilation to see where you're at then put you on some liquid with some pain meds," she says. After they put me on liquids she leaves and the nurses inform me that I am 5 cm dilated.

Once they leave both me and Luke let out a deep sigh. "Wow, this is really happening," I say as it finally hits me "we are having a baby." 

I look at him after I say this and he smiles at me then comes over and sits next to me on the hospital bed puts his hand on my stomach then whispers "Yeah, we are having a baby." I snuggle into him trying to get some rest to ease the pain of the contractions. 

Yayyy!!! The baby is close! Next chapter will be the name reveal so please put in your suggestions I might do a shout out if I chose your name suggestion! Hope you enjoyed this chapter!-Xoxo