The Birth (part 3) chapter 22

Leia's POV

It has been about two hours and Luke and I have texted all our friends that the baby is coming the band came in to check on me and to see how I was doing plus to help pass the time but only Rachel stayed. The doctor just came in and told me I am getting close to 9 centimeters dilated so I need to start preparing to push.

Luke has not left my side this entire time an I am so grateful for him he has been extremely helpful. He is currently right next to my bed letting me squeeze his hand every time I get a contraction which is like every minute now.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"One more push!" Dr. Shelby shouts at me so I push one more time and then sudenly I hear a small cry. I gasp then lay back against my bed and burst into a fit of happy laughter and smiling like an idiot they her to clean her off I look over to Luke who is also smiling the biggest smile I have ever seen then a tear slips down his cheek and he leans in and we kiss then I gentely wipe the tear away.

I look back over to see a nurse swaddling her up in a blanket when she comes over and hands me, my daughter, as I hold her a few tears slip down my face. I scoot over then Luke sits down on the bed next to me and takes her kissing her head then I lay my head on his shoulder both just staring at our beautiful daughter.

After a few minutes, Luke takes her and I get cleaned up and put on some regular clothes on because they are going to move us to a regular room before we get visitors. We move to our new room and the nurses come in to do the first checkup and take her away.

Then a nurse comes over and asks me "Do we have a name for her?" I look to Luke and smile then reply "Yes her name is Lily Marie Miller." "That is a beautiful name," she says as she writes on the certificate.

They come back in with Lily and she is all clean and her cute new outfit I picked out for her.

Lily in her outfit:

After a few minutes, we hear a knock then Rachel and the rest of the band come in and all whisper "awe!" I motion for them to come over and I hand Rachel Lily then I lay down and rest my head on Luke's shoulder watching my friends all cue and take...

After a few minutes, we hear a knock then Rachel and the rest of the band come in and all whisper "awe!" I motion for them to come over and I hand Rachel Lily then I lay down and rest my head on Luke's shoulder watching my friends all cue and take turns holding her.

Yayy!!! She is finally here! Leia and Luke are so happy! Just so you know this is not the last chapter I have some more planned but we are nearing the end, unfortunately. A shout out to srkkajol13 along with illikeme for the amazing comments and support along with the baby name suggestions. Let me know if you have any chapter suggestions.- Xoxo