𝟒.𝟏

──── 「THE LIVING
ARE HUNGRY」 ────

     Maybe following Sam was not the best idea I'd ever had, considering she started climbing down the Tower as she didn't find another way down in the two seconds it took her to look around and choose the most dangerous option she could find; not...

     Maybe following Sam was not the best idea I'd ever had, considering she started climbing down the Tower as she didn't find another way down in the two seconds it took her to look around and choose the most dangerous option she could find; nothing new here.

- "Sam!" –I yelled at her as she started going down, Emori and I looking down at her from the balcony- "Come back, we'll find another way!"

- "I have to get there." –she looked down before looking at me again- "You don't have to follow me, find another way and I'll meet you both down there. I'll introduce you to Sheda." –she looked at Emori- "Also, and before I forget, call me Sam."

She smiled and kept going; it was nerve-breaking, seeing her going down, losing contact with the structure from time to time as the rocks gave in under her weight. But she had asked Emori to call her Sam, so I had to smile and so did Emori, we both knowing what that meant.

- "Fine." –I rolled my eyes- "If you insist falling to our deaths is not that bad, I'll go too." –I jumped over the balcony and looked at Emori- "I'll meet you down."

- "Is this a normal day in her life?"

- "Pretty much."

- "I wonder how you even survived."

- "I do too sometimes." –I kissed her- "I'll see you down there."

- "Don't fall to your death, John!" –she looked down- "And neither do you, Samantha!"

That's easier said than done. I looked down to see Sam giving a nod to Emori.

- "I'll try if you don't call me Samantha again!"

- "Alright, be careful, Sam!"

Emori yelled again as I simply shook my head and I started climbing down too. The things I do. I was halfway down when I started considering why it was me following Sam and not Bellamy; after all, he'd be much better suited for this kind of physical job.

- "Now, that was fun." -I heard Sam before I saw her over my shoulder as I got down to the next level where there was finally an actual stair to use- "You didn't have to risk your life like that, M. I don't want to face Emori's wrath."

- "Oh." –I jumped down the last couple steps, landing next to her- "Someone has to keep an eye on you."

- "Hey, I've been doing just fine on my own."

- "On your own, sure." –I mocked her and she rolled her eyes at me- "Let's find this Sheda guy."

As we walked around the city, I realized there were people in different degrees of pain and despair, some of them lying unconscious on the ground.