𝟒.𝟏𝟒

──── 「ENJOY THE RIDE」 ────

     The noise of glass breaking woke me up, my body jerking up to a sitting position immediately as I remained quiet, trying to figure out what exactly had disturbed my sleep

     The noise of glass breaking woke me up, my body jerking up to a sitting position immediately as I remained quiet, trying to figure out what exactly had disturbed my sleep. At first, I thought Murphy or Emori had broken something while he kept cooking, or more so as they messed around in the kitchen, but the unfamiliar pair of footsteps didn't go unnoticed and I soon realized there was something else going on.

I jumped from the bed, putting on my boots and taking the two blades I had left on the nightstand, slowly and silently approaching my door, opening it and only seeing the light coming from the kitchen. Maybe I was wrong. I was about to call for them when I heard a loud thud followed by Emori grunting in pain and screaming for help. Fuck. I ran to the kitchen, finding a guy with a knife towering over her, and anger coursed through my veins.

- "Hey, asshole!" –I yelled, throwing him a knife, hitting him on his left shoulder- "Pick on someone your own size."

He turned to look at me, eyeing me up and down before he moved my way with the knife, leaving Emori alone which was exactly what I wanted; he tried to cut my stomach but I jumped back, avoiding it just before I cut him in the face with my own blade. He threw himself at me, pushing me against the cabinets just as someone hit him in the head with a cutting board.

- "Now, that's what I call teamwork." –I smiled, seeing Murphy holding the board as the guy fell to the floor.

- "My pleasure."

- "Emori." –I moved up to her; she was raising from the floor with Clarke's help, whom, I assumed, got there just as Murphy did- "You okay?"

- "Wait!" –Emori yelled as she held on to me; I turned to see what she meant, seeing Murphy getting ready to strike the guy again- "He's mine."

She tried to jump onto him, but she was not holding her balance too well, Murphy letting go of the board and catching her while she insulted the man over and over. I glanced at Clarke who was looking just as worried about Emori as I was; I opened my mouth to ask her what she knew about this but Emori's voice cut me off.

- "If we don't kill him now, he will kill us!"

- "Wait..." –Clarke approached her, forcing her to face her- "You know him?"

- "Bailys."

Like the alcoholic drink? People down here really need to update their name lists.

- "She's lying." –the man on the floor rose on his shoulders- "You don't know me."

- "You said you'd kill me!" –Emori was out of control, Murphy struggling to hold her back- "Well, guess what, Planhaka, I'm gonna kill you." –he tried to crawl back toward the door.