𝟒.𝟏𝟗

──── 「FINAL FIGHT」 ────

     Seeing Bellamy so distressed had been something close to heartbreaking

     Seeing Bellamy so distressed had been something close to heartbreaking. I had thought, out of everyone, he'd have figured I did have a plan, and not a stupid one this time, Roan would have never allowed me to participate with my initial plan so we had devised a new one that'd satisfy us all and wouldn't kill us in the process nor start a whole war again. Hopefully.

I approached my post seeing Azgeda's symbol on it. It felt weird, but I had to agree that cruel and vicious did suit me lately; not that I minded, honestly. Someone had to do things around here and that person was me. I knew the plan half of the other clans had devised against me thanks to Echo and Roan, which helped me plan a new strategy of my own to survive the Conclave without alliances because, the truth was, I could only trust myself down there and I wasn't going to drag Octavia into it.

If I know Bellamy, he probably asked her to hide, especially knowing how close the black rain is. And I trusted she would. I just needed her to stay alive until I got rid of the alliance against me. My weapons of choice had been too medium blades: two because I knew I'd have to deal with more than one Champion at a time and medium because I didn't have time to lose stabbing them more than once. We got this. I inhaled deeply. We've trained for this, we know how they move. I let out a long exhale. I got this. I gulped and licked my lips just before I heard the horn that announced the beginning of the Final Conclave. Bunker, here we come.

     A Nightblood

     A Nightblood. I froze on the elevator as Echo and Roan left, a smile on both their faces. That's insane, I've seen her bleed way too many times not to have noticed her blood being black. I realized I should probably get out before the doors closed and so I did, running up to Roan and Echo. Why didn't she tell me? She doesn't trust me.

- "How?"

- "Does it matter?" –Roan eyed me.

- "Is it tested?" –I pressed him- "If it's not, she could die in the rain."