𝟒.𝟐𝟏

── 「THE BUNKER」 ──

     After Clarke hung up on me, I felt my blood boil; if Octavia died, I'd make sure the princess didn't set foot on the ground ever again

     After Clarke hung up on me, I felt my blood boil; if Octavia died, I'd make sure the princess didn't set foot on the ground ever again. Bellamy not having been there could only mean they had locked him up somewhere, because I couldn't believe he'd just let Octavia out to die. I trusted Abby would get around and either get him out or open the door herself; I knew she would never forgive herself if anything happened to Kane. Being observant had paid off after all.

- "You think that'll work?"

- "Abby loves Kane." –I faced Roan- "I planted the seed, we just have to wait for it to flourish and hope it isn't too late."

- "What if it doesn't work."

- "Then I'll make sure this is the end of the human race." –I moved back to sit next to Octavia- "If Abby had left a medkit behind I could make you a Nightblood too."

- "You think that'd work?"

- "I survived the black rain..." –I shrugged my shoulders- "The worst that could happen is we both die because this blood is bullshit too."

- "How's your stomach?"

- "I'll survive." –I realized what I said and started laughing- "I'll survive from the stab at least."

We stood in silence for the subsequent ten minutes. I, going over all the possibilities of how wrong this could go, Octavia, sat next to me, her hand on mine and our fingers intertwined while Indra and Roan paced the room. Patience was never my strongest suit.

- "I have to do something else before we get in." –I rose from my place.

- "Where are you going?" –O asked me, raising too from the floor, anxious eyes all over me.

- "I'm going out there." –I squeezer her upper arms- "Stay here, I'm sure it won't take much longer for them to open the door."

- "Be fast, I'm not closing that door if you aren't inside."

- "Got that." –I kissed her forehead- "Stay on your toes." –I pointed at Roan, who nodded.

I didn't know why exactly I was doing this, but I felt like I ought to. I walked under the rain in silence. I had always liked the rain, the sky getting darker, the wind... Living in the bunker was going to suck.

I got to Sheda's house, finding exactly what I was looking for without having to make a mess around the place. Then, I went to the stable: Helios was there with Vukan and my heart ached knowing I had left Selene behind, to die in the black rain. To anyone else, it might have seemed stupid, but I loved her; she had been my companion since Sheda handed me her reigns and she had never failed me once. I knew Octavia felt the same way about Helios and I couldn't let him, or Vukan, suffer terrible deaths too if the rain leaked through the ceiling or just due to the radiation, because I was certain that would be painful. I didn't want to do it, but it was the least I could do; I couldn't save them but I'd give them the least painful death I could think of.