𝟒.𝟏𝟑

──── 「THE MANSION」 ────

     I watched Bellamy leave with the rover back to Arkadia; I knew he was debating whether he should have come with me or not, but I also knew he needed to go back to Octavia

     I watched Bellamy leave with the rover back to Arkadia; I knew he was debating whether he should have come with me or not, but I also knew he needed to go back to Octavia. I was certain they'd manage to fix their relationship but not overnight, and he needed to understand that. And, to do that, he had to be where she was.

The trip to the island wasn't that bad, considering Emori was the one to come pick us up so, while Clarke mourned the loss of the barrel and Roan isolated himself as he used to do, I stood with Emori, making her company while she navigated the waters.

- "So... I never got that letter that you left." –I smiled, looking at her.

- "We left to the forest first, then Murphy realized he's a better stealer than hunter so he went back to Arkadia and that's when he heard what was coming." –she eyed me and I nodded- "We decided to make ourselves useful to ensure we both got to survive."

- "Oh, trust me, as long as I'm here, you both are making it through."

- "I heard about the list. I'm not surprised I wasn't in it and John wasn't either, of course... but you?"

- "I gave up my spot."

- "You're insane." –she let out a small laugh as she shook her head.

- "I know." –I smiled to myself- "But let's not talk about our imminent disappearance from Earth. How about you tell me what's on that island."

- "Oh, you're going to love it." –she really looked excited to show me- "Once we get here, I'll get you to the house."

- "Is Murphy there or at the lab?"

- "It's not like John and I know a lot about lab stuff... we've been at the house. He's got a surprise."

- "Oh, now this is something I have to see through." –I laughed, only imagining what Murphy was planning made me feel better about everything- "Hold up, I hope it's a good thing."

- "I guess we'll see once we get there."

I nodded at her words and we kept floating in peaceful silence. I liked Emori, I really did. I saw how Murphy looked at her, he looked happy, and that was everything I wanted for him; sure, we had our ups and downs, but that little shit was family since we landed. Once we got to the island, Murphy was nowhere to be seen but Jackson was there.

- "I'm surprised you aren't bleeding."

- "Well, that isn't 100% correct." –I pointed at my thigh.

- "That's more like you, yeah."

- "A minor scratch so nothing to worry about for once."

We both laughed. He helped us unload the barrels -us being Emori, Roan, and me since Clarke left to talk with her mom, of course. As we finished, Emori and Jackson moved to the lab, leaving me alone with Roan, not that I minded. I sat on the ground just outside the entrance of the lab from where I could see the ocean and the forest surrounding the island. I loved it, it was magnificent, like a breath of fresh air, so calm, so quiet...