𝟒.𝟏𝟓

─── 「NOT ON MY WATCH」 ───

     I had gone back to Arkadia to be with Octavia, to try to fix things with her, only to find she had left just before I got back

     I had gone back to Arkadia to be with Octavia, to try to fix things with her, only to find she had left just before I got back. I should have gone with Sam. Maybe I'd be of more use with her... and if we die, at least we'd be together.

It had been a hard couple of days since I came back, losing 18 people to the black rain, not being able to talk with Sam, and not knowing if Octavia had survived the black rain out there. We were outside, getting ready to burn the dead when I caught Jasper walking happily around camp, towards the door.

- "Show some respect for the dead."

- "Why?" –he ignored my reproach- "They don't mind, they're dead."

- "Where are you going?"

- "Wherever the day takes me."

- "You got a chem tent?"

- "Nope."

- "Jasper." –I called for him but he ignored me and kept walking- "Jasper!" –I yelled this time, running after him- "No one leaves without a chem tent."

- "Do you have a chem tent?" –he looked at me over the shoulder, a smile on his face as he did.

- "Yeah."

- "Good." –he nodded- "Then we have a chem tent."

- "Hey." –I pulled him back and stopped him- "Maybe you didn't see how those people died."

- "I saw, I'm just not afraid of it happening to me." –he got rid of my grip and kept walking away.

- "Jasper, it's not safe out there."

- "What else is new?" –he pushed the door, opening it and turning to motion me to move- "Come on, we're losing daylight."

- "Jasper..." -he ignored me and kept walking- "Damnit." -I cursed under my breath before I ran after him- "Grow the hell up!"

- "Good, you're coming."

- "Yeah, but only because I don't want to carry your body bag or see Sam mourning you too."

- "Oh, come on! I'm pretty light! I mean, I'm wiry, but I'm light." -he laughed- "Sam will be alright."

- "You don't know what you're saying."