𝟒.𝟖

──── 「YOU'LL BEG
FOR MERCY」 ────

     Kane and I had been locked up at Polis after I had been kidnapped during my hunting expedition and my partner was killed after revealing everything about our ship and Luna to Roan

     Kane and I had been locked up at Polis after I had been kidnapped during my hunting expedition and my partner was killed after revealing everything about our ship and Luna to Roan. I had cursed him; now our people were in danger. Hopefully, O and Sam would meet and make something off it. I rose my head as I heard footsteps coming toward our cell, Kane turning toward the door.

- "On your feet." –Echo was the first to enter the cell, followed by Roan and two more guards.

- "What are you doing?"

- "We're bringing you home." –Roan answered Kane- "Your ship is shelter from Praimfaya, so I intend to take it."

- "You don't have to do this." –Kane pleaded- "We can find a solution, together."

- "That time has passed." –Roan raised his hand, commanding Kane to stay silent- "Get them ready to march."

- "Octavia will get there first." –I spoke with conviction- "That is if she doesn't find Sam on her way back and they both get the message to Arkadia and get ready to defend our camp" –then, I mumbled- "Or Sam, being Sam, comes here to cut your head off."

They both stopped moving as if they had frozen on their feet; Roan turned to Echo and nodded at her, who turned around to look at me, throwing a blade at my feet that I recognized all too well. Sam. No. I rose my eyes to meet Echo's, it was like an open book, my worst fear since I met Sam seemed to have become a reality.

- "Octavia wouldn't be taken alive." –Roan explained but I didn't understand, that was Sam's blade, not O's; Kane looked just as confused as me, so Roan spoke again- "Jusheda found out about our plan, escaped from Ulger to find your sister and get rid of Echo before she was captured."

- "No..." –the tears in my eyes clouded my vision as I tried to breathe- "No..." -I shook my head in denial.

This can't be happening, not again, I won't survive.

- "She found us." –Echo spoke now, she sounded apologetic- "They died together."

- "I am sorry." –Roan looked down before I turned away, unable to hold it back, falling to my knees as I held onto the bars of our cell- "I truly am." -and my the sorrow in his voice I knew he meant it.

- "It was a good death."

If either of you screws this up, we die. Octavia's words from the last time I saw her resonated in my head. A good death does not exist. Sam's voice followed my sister's and I broke, the tears finally spilled from my eyes as I lost my voice shouting for them; I had lost it all once again before I had managed to get it back and now, I could never fix what I broke. I thought losing Sam had been painful but this... this was unbearable; the guilt and the pain mixed in my chest and I couldn't think straight any longer, only feeling like I was being carried away from the cell. I was a war prisoner now, but that didn't matter; they could have killed me on the spot and that'd have been better than having every memory with O and Sam play in my head over, and over, and over again.