𝟒.𝟏𝟐

── 「TRUST THE RECKLESS ONE」 ──

     I drove the Rover with Clarke as my co-pilot while Sam chose to go behind us in the truck with Roan for some reason I failed to understand, but I didn't protest; I knew she knew what she was doing

     I drove the Rover with Clarke as my co-pilot while Sam chose to go behind us in the truck with Roan for some reason I failed to understand, but I didn't protest; I knew she knew what she was doing. It had been an hour or so of peaceful silent drive through the forest when Clarke decided it was time to bring up a topic for a conversation I didn't want to have.

- "Octavia?"

- "What?"

- "You look worried, lost in thought."

- "Keep your eyes on the trees."

- "She hasn't forgiven you, has she?" –I didn't answer, I didn't want to talk about my sister with Clarke, I had already done it with Sam and she was the only I'd ever want to talk to- "It'll take time."

- "I know, Clarke and I don't wanna talk about it." –I sighed- "We have a job to do now." -as I finished speaking, I turned a curve in the road, having to stop the Rover almost instantly as a group of Grounders was blocking the way; I took the radio- "Hang on, we got a situation. Looks like a Trikru checkpoint." –I informed the truck driver, suddenly glad Sam was back there since Trikru and Azgeda weren't in the best of terms right now- "Stay alert and show no weapons; keep your passengers on ice."

- "Copy."

- "Wait." –Clarke was quick to speak- "It's not a checkpoint, they have wounded."

She got out of the Rover, ignoring my warning not to.

- "What's she doing?"

- "Being Clarke." –I answered on the walkie before I opened the Rover's door- "No one else gets out." -I hung the radio and got out of the car, moving towards Clarke when I heard a noise behind me- "I said no one else gets out." –I grunted annoyed, seeing Sam coming my way.

- "I'm not 'no one else'." –she scoffed eyeing me up and down as I stood in front of her- "I'm the Commander of Blood, Blake, so move out of my way."

Fine, I should have seen that one coming. She walked past me and towards Clarke.

- "Wanheda!" –one of the Grounders moved towards Clarke, he looked pleased to see her until he saw Sam- "Jusheda!" –he approached Sam, almost ignoring Clarke as he did and standing in front of her almost submissively- "Help us, please."

- "What happened?"

- "Azgeda burned our village to the ground." –he pointed at the crowd by the trees- "My father caught an ax with his leg and we can't stop the bleeding."

- "Clarke." –Sam turned to her- "The bleeding is your job, Azgeda is mine." –Clarke nodded and moved towards the crowd surrounding the fallen man- "We can go after Azgeda once I'm back from something I have to do, you got my word."