𝟒.𝟕

──── 「THROUGH BLOOD
AND TEARS」 ────

     I had spent the last 5 days in Arkadia, helping Raven with everything she asked me to do to rebuild the ship, going out to hunt with the teams, and just passing the time with Jasper; I had loved every second of it

     I had spent the last 5 days in Arkadia, helping Raven with everything she asked me to do to rebuild the ship, going out to hunt with the teams, and just passing the time with Jasper; I had loved every second of it. I missed my friends, I missed Raven and Jasper like crazy, having been so used to being around them all the time when we first set foot on Earth, but I had to go back. Lila needed me and I missed Octavia. And Azgeda wouldn't stay in line on its own. Neither would Ulger.

- "I'm leaving today," –I informed Raven as we both walked around the ship, checking everything was going according to plan- "I can't push it any longer."

- "Will you be back before the black rain arrives?"

- "I don't know, I hope I can make it back here at least once before it does, but we'll see." –I smiled at her as she handed me her clipboard to check a panel on the side- "Gotta keep them under control."

- "Jusheda is turning out not to be such a nuisance as everyone expected, rather helpful if you asked me."

- "I'll take it as a compliment."

- "It was!" -she chuckled as she eyed me- "I miss you, things aren't the same without you."

- "That's because I'm the best and you love me very much." -I smirked at her- "I miss you too and I wished I would stay for longer, but I have to make sure Azgeda stays in line. I'm not risking your life just to make mine more comfortable."

- "I understand." -Raven sighed, taking my free hand in hers- "Please, be careful. And I know you're going to say you always are, but I mean it, Sam. I don't want to lose you. I'm scared you'll leave one day and never come back."

- "And I'm terrified of misstepping and putting you in danger. Not only because you're the smartest person I know and I truly believe the key to our survival is in your head, but because I love you so deeply, Raven, and I'd never forgive myself if anything happened to you because of something I did or didn't do. And right now, what I have to do is go back to make sure Ulger doesn't come looking for me because he will not hesitate to slit your throat in front of me to teach me a lesson."

- "But are you safe around him, Sam?"

- "No, I'm not." -there was no point in me sugarcoating things for Raven, I had told her most things as soon as I spent a couple of hours with her- "But you will be and he's not going to kill me without making a show of it, so as long as you don't hear from him, I'll be safe."

- "I'm still going to worry." -Raven smiled.

- "I take pride in that, in being someone you care about." -I licked my lips- "I heard something about a guy."

- "Yeah, Wick." -Raven rolled her eyes- "Didn't work."

- "Of course not, he's not as good as I am, is he?" -I eyed her up and down- "Need a quick round, Reyes? I'm sure Bellamy won't mind whether it's just you and me or asking him to join."