24. In The Dilemma

I wanted more.

I needed more.

One small caress of his lips was not enough.

I nearly screamed in frustration when his lips claimed mine and at the same moment, Mrs. Dale's annoying voice boomed in the jungle.

"Adam! Alicia!" her voice echoed in the deafening silence.

"Fuck!" Adam pulled apart and cursed under his breath. I jumped away from him and looked around in panic. I found the walking figures of our teachers at a distance, flashing their torched around.

Adam shouted from behind me to catch their attention. We picked up our bags and ran towards them. Mrs. Dale was in the front, assessing our appearance with her big, judgemental eyes. Behind her were Mr. Potter and Miss. Celine, both had a huge frown on their faces.

"Miss. King, Mr. McArdle, I suppose you have a reasonable explanation for this." she said, glaring at my bare legs.

"We lost our map." Adam answered, stepping in front of me.

"And your pants too?" she raised her eyebrows and asked.

"I.. I fell down in the lake." I answered, pulling the hem of shirt down.

From her brooding expressions, it was clear that she wanted to investigate further but Miss. Celine intervened. She asked her to stop questioning us as we already looked quite distressed.

They turned around and we followed them back to the camping ground. Miss. Celine asked us to take some rest after which all the students were advised to gather for the bonfire.

Without even casting a glance at me, Adam hurried towards his own tent and I made my way back to mine. As I stepped inside, both of my friends looked at me with their widened eyes.

"What?" I looked between them in confusion.

"Look like you and Adam scarred some poor little monkeys for their lives." Sophia grinned and my face heated up as I remembered our kiss.

"Nothing happened." I managed to say despite the heated cheeks.

"Sure sweetheart." she winked at me and I rolled my eyes. Collapsing on my mattress, I clenched my eyes tightly to prevent the image of the kiss flashing in front of my eyes again and again.

...

While Emily and Sophia were busy dressing up for the bonfire, I was lost in the memory of my first kiss. It was too short to satisfy my heart but it still left me speechless. If just a peck felt this great, I wonder what it would feel like to have a full makeout session with him.

His lips were gentle yet hard, soft yet rough. And when they touched mine, I swear I felt a tornado in my stomach. At that moment, I wanted nothing more than eliminating the distance between us and kissing the hell out of him.

"You haven't changed yet?" Sophia asked when she found me sitting in one corner and lost in my thoughts.

"I don't want to go." I whispered in an exhausted voice. I wasn't ready to face Adam again.

"Oh come on. You can't just skip bonfire. It's like the best part of a trip." she whined and chucked my duffle bag towards me. "Find something sexy to wear."

Sighing, I pulled out a denim shirt and black jeans from my bag. I styled my hair in a loose bun on top of my head and then walked out of my tent.

The students were arranged in a circle, with wood burning in the middle. Standing at one corner, I observed the clear sky. It was a beautiful sight, the moon shining in its full glory in the middle with all the stars gathered around it, as if worshipping it.