26. Ready To Fight

I snuggled more into the warmth, inhaling deeper to delve into the masculine scent. The hold of the muscular arms tightened around me, causing me to release a sigh of comfort. But the moment I heaved, the hold around me loosened and I groaned at the sudden loss of warmth.

Frowning, I opened my eyes and met with the hypnotizing grey orbs, looking back at me with confusion and surprise. I blushed red when I realized how close Adam and I were, our bodies were glued together and my legs were caged between his own.

Pulling apart from him, I moved to the sitting position and coughed nervously. From the window of his room, I watched the darkness prevailing in the street. The clock showed 7pm which meant I had slept 3 hours, in Adam's bed.

Blushing, I turned to look at him and bit my lips when I found him already staring back at me. I leaned forwards to check his temperature. Ignoring his narrowed eyes, I touched his forehead and felt relieved when I found out that the fever had subsided.

"I should go." I said to break the awkward silence. But as soon as I attempted to leave, he gripped my wrist, stopping me on the spot.

"Alicia." he spoke lowly. His eyes zoomed into mine and I fought myself losing in them once again.

"Hmm." I hummed.

"Thanks." he whispered, leaning closer to me. He continued doing so until our foreheads were touching. My eyes closed on their own when I realized that he was probably going to kiss me.

Probably!

I felt his breath on my lips. My heart was doing somersaults inside my chest cavity. Our lips were close, too close, just a little more and they would be touching. My heart urged to move forwards and closed the distance between us.

"Hey Adam, I am ba...Oops..Sorry sorry." Tiffany's voice reached our ears and we both jerked apart from each other in hurry.

She looked between us, a teasing smile playing on her cherry tinted lips.

"I.. We.. I.." I stuttered, trying to find an excuse of what we were doing but nothing appeared in my stupid mind.

"She was just going." Adam spoke when he noticed my embarrassment. "Good bye Alicia."

Nodding, I got up immediately and after passing an uncomfortably smile to Tiffany, dashed out of his room.

...

"But why is your nose all puffy?" Sophia asked as she contorted her face while watching me blowing my nose.

"I caught Adam's cold." I answered and confusion laced her face. "Long story. Will tell you some other day." I said to curb her curiosity.

Engrossed in our conversation, both of us entered the cafe and sat down on the only free table available. Ever since I returned from Adam's house, I was feeling a bit feverish. Well, sleeping in Adam's arms was worth this much discomfort. Who knew the coldest person I have ever met can exude so much warmth!

Dad had packed me lunch today so that I won't catch any more germs. Opening my lunch box, I gagged in disgust as I watched the kale salad and avocado sandwich inside. My hands itched to dump it in the garbage can but Dad had made me promise him that I will finish it.

"Ugh. Your lunch box is making me nauseous." Sophia said when she took a peek inside the box.

"I can't even throw it. I promised Dad that I will finish it." I said, frowning.

All because of stupid Adam!

"Aww. Look who's Daddy's little girl!" Noah commented, sitting on the empty seat beside me.