39. Danger Alert!

We were fully drowned in each other, his hands trailing down my back while my fingers roaming through his oh-so-awesome hair. He sucked my lower lip between his teeth and bit slightly, a deep, throaty moan left my lips which urged him to bite harder.

It was escalating quickly but a loud cough caused us to jerk apart. Both of our heads whipped towards the source of voice, Mr. Brown.

My jaw dropped to the ground with fear and my knees started to wobble. If looks could kill, we both would have been dead by now.

"Care to explain what was going on?" Mr. Brown asked further, his gaze shifting between Adam and me.

"We.. We-"

"Nothing illegal, that's a guarantee." Adam cut me in between.

"Adam!" Mr. Brown yelled at him, his jaw was clenched tightly and his pupil was dilated. "That's no way to act in a school. You can be suspended because of your little rendezvous."

My head started spinning at the mention of suspension.

"Then go ahead sir. Suspend me for all I care." Adam matched his glare, his voice blank and emotionless, all the previous playfulness had left.

"Adam!" he gritted once again.

Before Adam could retort back, I pulled his hands in mine and after apologizing to Mr. Brown, took him out of the closet.

"What was that Adam?" I asked once we were away from the damn place.

"I don't want to talk about it Alicia." he grunted and then after running fingers through his hair and heaving an aggravated sigh, left for his next class.

...

I was perched on the counter of the kitchen, thinking about Adam's behaviour with Mr. Brown while the rice cooked. The coldness of the counter was freezing my bum but I couldn't care less.

I was sure about one thing though, there was something going on between them and judging by Adam's words, Mr. Brown had done something bad to him in the past. And the fact that Mr. Brown had not suspended him yet showed that he was himself ashamed of what he did to him.

"Alicia?" Someone called me but I was too lost in my thoughts to hear the person.

"Alicia?" I heard again and breaking the chain of thoughts, looked towards Dad who was now pulling the rice out of the pan into two plates. "What were you thinking?"

"Um.. Nothing." I looked around and jumped on the floor. Pulling the grilled fish out of the oven, I served them on the plates and added some portion of stirred vegetables on the side.

We sat down at the dining table and started eating the dinner. The fish tasted nice but I was too absorbed in my thoughts to enjoy the food. Even Dad had noticed it so while I cleaned the dishes, he made coffee for both of us and asked me to join him in the living room.

"Is something going on with you Ali?" Dad asked, passing me the cup as I sat down on the couch.

"Nothing." I trailed off.

"Ali! I am your father. You can share your problems with me." Dad said.

Can I?

"Dad?" I whispered. "Growing up is hard."

He chuckled before wrapping his arm around my shoulders. "I think you are doing a pretty good job at growing up." he answered back.

"Am I?" I asked, pouting.

"Yes, you are. In fact, you grew up right after your mother died. It is you who has kept me together for all these years. If it wasn't for you, I would have broken down a long time ago." he said, a proud smile on his face.