69. The Prom (2)

Noah's POV

"Here." Justin passed me a glass full of liquor which I gulped down my throat in a single sip.

"More." I begged. Finally the prom was over and we could drink to our fill.

"Easy." he said and rested his back against the sofa. Girls and boys were dancing all around us, enjoying the joys of high school being finally over, as if life was going to be awesome magically.

Idiots.

There was a time when I used to be the life of a party. Now I was a mess, drinking my way to oblivion just so I could wipe the memory of watching Alicia skip the prom with Adam. I knew what they were doing right know and I hated it. I hated my mind for painting the picture in front of my eyes.

Ugh.

"I'm pathetic. Pass me another bottle." I said to Justin and he did so. That's when I noticed that he wasn't drunk.

That's new.

"Come on, man. Drink a little. We are out of high school and life still sucks." I shouted because of the loud music blasting in my ears but he shook his head in no.

"I need to stay alert man. That bastard will definitely try to take advantage of Emily." he said and pointed towards that blonde girl.

Even her friends attended this after-prom party but she didn't. Why would she? She must be having the night of her life with Adam. Why would she choose this stupid party over him?

Fuck me.

I stood up to leave. "Where are you going?" Justin asked.

"Just going for fresh air." I said and patted his shoulder. "Keep your eyes on her."

I finished this bottle too by the time I left the lounge. On my way to the outside, I met many people. Some I knew, some I don't, some I knew but didn't recognize because of my drunken state. My vision was turning blurry and my legs started wobbling so to save myself from kissing the ground, I walked inside a spare room at the end of the corridor.

As soon I stepped inside the room, I locked the door and collapsed on the bed. The ceiling was rotating, the walls were rotating, the bed was rotating.

Man, I'm drunk AF.

I lay there for some moments, watching the colors on the ceiling create different funny patterns. I giggled when one of the patterns turned out to be Alicia's face.

In between my giggling, I heard sobs. Feminine sobs. I hopped out of the bed and assessed myself in the mirror to check if it was me who was crying.

It wasn't.

The voice was coming from somewhere else. I followed the voice and ended up banging my head against the wall.

No, It wasn't a wall. It was a door.

After many attempts of pushing the door open, I finally succeeded in opening the door. I peeked inside to make sure I don't end up with a guy taking a dump.

It wasn't a boy inside. It was a girl, sitting over the covered toilet seat, hugging her knees and bawling her eyes out. She stopped when she noticed me and stood up instantly.

I knew her. I have seen her many times. She is someone imporant, someone I see on daily basis.

Who is she?

I stressed my brain and tried to put a name on her face. She had caramel skin and huge brown eyes. Her hair was a mess and her mascara was smudged. But she still looked pretty.