63. Hot And Bothered

Adam's POV

The last one week had been the best week of my life despite the fact that we have our first exam tomorrow. Being in a relationship, it was the last thing I wanted for myself. But somehow, everything changed, all because of Alicia.

Alicia! The girl I love.

The L word sounded strange to my ears because I never thought I will say it aloud in this life. A part of me is still afraid of admitting it to her. What if she gets tired of my behavior sometime in the future? Or worse, what if I get tired of being in love with someone?

No. Don't you dare be a pessimist about this.

After her Dad finally gave us his blessings, we decided to give our relationship the official status. Now she was my girlfriend and I was her boyfriend. I still don't think I am capable of being a nice boyfriend but she believes in me and I trust her faith in me.

I was trying to solve a numerical problem when I got absorbed in these thoughts. The ringing of my phone pulled me out of the trance. The caller ID showed Alicia's number and I watched the clock, finding it odd that she was calling me at the midnight. Her father had made it pretty clear that we weren't allowed to talk after 10pm, let alone see each other.

I brought the phone to my ears and said, "Hello."

"Hi." her voice was deep.

"Any particular reason of calling me at this time?" I asked, putting my notebook down and lying back on the bed.

"Yeah." she whispered and then, a long pause followed her sentence. "I'm horny."

I gulped, hard.

"Wh.. What?" I asked, licking my dry lips.

"Amorous, if you don't know the meaning of the previous word." she said and I could imagine her rolling her cute, brown eyes.

I tried to ignore her words with a chuckle but the blood in my body had started to rush south.

"Don't laugh Adam. I'm serious." she whined.

"Don't do this Alicia." I warned her in low voice. "Your dad strictly warned us not to do... Um.. That."

She chuckled at my words, a deep, throaty chuckle and I shifted in my position to calm my groin.

"Adam!" she started again, my name rolled down her tongue in a delicious manner. "Come over."

My palms turned sweaty at her invitation and I sat up. I knew what she meant by inviting me to come over. She definitely didn't want me to help her in study. I cleared my throat with a brief cough and trailed off, "I.. Um.. I don't think we should..."

"Adam!" she stopped me once again in the middle of the sentence.

"Hmm." I whispered.

"I'm naked." she informed me and then cut the call. My stomach tightened at the image of her bare body lying against the white silk bedsheets of her room.

Fuck!

I had two options. At one side, there was my exams preparation, the fear of being caught and the threats of her father. At the other side, there was Alicia, naked.

Alicia it is!

Tiffany was still out for work so I didn't have to leave the house like a thief. Once I reached the front of her house, I gripped the pipe that helped me barge into her room last time. Using all my strength, I pulled myself up on the pipe and set my foot on the iron railing spiraling out of it. My muscles ached as I took another step upwards, using my hand to support myself against the wall.

I was about to take the next step when I felt a nudge on my calf. Without bothering to look down, I butt-kicked the person who was trying to break my concentration and took another step up.

After a moment, I heard a cough, a menacing cough. Swallowing the lump down my throat, I angled my neck to look at Mr. King who was looking up towards me with a dangerous glint in his eyes.

Damn it.

Passing him a strained look, I jumped down on the ground and straightened myself in front of him.

"Hello sir." I said, maintaining suitable distance between us because I didn't want to get punched. His jaw ticked but he didn't speak anything. Instead he just kept glaring at me with his piercing gaze.

"Care to explain why you were trying to break into my daughter's room?" he asked and I shifted on my feet.

I looked for words but didn't find anything. I couldn't tell him that I was going to copulate with his daughter, could I?

My eyes wandered to her window and I found Alicia staring down at me with eyes wide open, silently pleading me to handle the situation calmly.

"I needed some notes." I said, keeping my voice straight.

"Notes? At midnight?" he didn't look like he believed me.

"W... We have our exam tomorrow." I reminded him and his frown deepened.

"And you couldn't ask for notes over phone?" he interrogated.

"I could." I replied, shrugging nonchalantly despite the turmoil inside me. "But her phone was off."

Mr. King assessed me from head to toe, crossing his arms in front of his chest. His expressions were incomprehensible, his eyes calculating.

"I think you can manage to clear the exam without her help." he said and stepped towards me. "Go back to your house." Hie eyes bore into mine and he gritted through clenched teeth.

Nodding, I turned around, mentally cursing him. I swear if he wasn't Ali's father, I would have shown him what I could actually do.

Once I entered into my room, I groaned and stepped towards the window. She was already standing near the window inside her room, a hint of amusement played on her face as she heard the small groan that left my mouth.

"I didn't know you'd actually come." she said and clutched her hoodie tighter. Her hair was cascading down her shoulders, her skin shining under the moonlight.

Beautiful.

"Well, the offer sounded quite tempting." I said and blush crept up her cheeks.

She looked around, not meeting my gaze. "I was just messing with you." she countered and I chuckled, forgetting the little talk I just had with her father.

"Yeah right." I smirked at her and her blush deepened.

"Yes I was." she countered again, putting her hands on her lips.

"Of course you were." I said, faking the innocence in my voice.

She let out a growl before turning back to me. "Adam! I was not serious." she added.

"I believe you." I said, still smirking at her. "Miss. Amorous."

"Arghhhh. You're so annoying." she let out a whiny voice that caused my smirk to deepen.

"Good night Alicia!" I said, not wanting to embarrass her further and smiled at her while she kept looking at me with a scowl on her face. Turning around and closing the window, I lay down on my bed and waited for sleep to envelope me in her embrace.

________________________

the_untamed_soul has published an interview with me in her book "Teatime conversations with Amisha".
Do check it out.