1

MICHAEL

I strolled through the dark town, with a dry mouth and a blade. It was time.

I had imangined all the people before my victim tonight, how much they probably had to live for. How much their families probably missed them. I pushed the guilt aside, everyone has to die sometime. And tonight, it was another person's turn.

I always do these things in the forest or an alley or something, Im less likely to get caught that way. The police can do whatever they want, my life is over anyway. I mean, what have I become?

I stepped to face an alley. Suddenly, a figure caught my eye. He must've been 16 or 17, tall-ish, and a blonde quiff. I smirked, this was going to be good. I began to creep forward.

But my smirk fell, watching as the blood that I intended to spill was already on the floor, and his clothes, and all over his wrists. He was sobbing on the floor and I scrunched my eyebrows together. That just got to me. He was shaking and his nose had turned red, typical english weather, always cold.

I regripped my knife. It had to be done. What does he have now? I would only be doing him a favour.

But my personality flipped again, and I put the weapon back in my pocket. I walked down the alley, the image becoming clearer and clearer to me.

There was a word carved into his arm, and with my great nighttime vision, I read GAY.

Oh.

Is that why he did this? That's nothing to be ashamed of... I am too. Its a sensetive topic, which is weird, because Im obviously not a sensetive guy. I murder people.

Just this once maybe I will have a chat first, cant hurt. I get lonely anyway.

"Er hello?" I spoke and walked closer. The boy jumped and screamed, sliding further away on the floor.

"I-I know I'm a freak, please please dont h-hurt m-e-e." He sobbed.

I frowned. "I wont hurt you." Dont lie, Michael.

"Yes you will, you will I know it! Please g-go." He held his head in his slippery hands, leaving a streak of blood down his face. I sat down a few feet from him, avoiding the puddles.

"I erm, whats your name?" I looked at my shoes.

"L-u-uke," He hiccupped.

"Lukes a cool name man," I smiled. Jeez, what am I doing? "Whats wrong?"

"I hate everything." He cried. "I hate myself, everyone hates me. I shouldnt be here, but I can never ever leave, I mean, something stops me everytime. The hope that itll get better, but it never does. so here I am again," I hated listening to him like this. "Im a gay freak, dude."

I dont know what happened, I just decided that moment that Luke wouldnt die tonight, that I would help him instead. He was super cute but all that was ruined by what he thought of himself, quite tragically.

"I think we should go get you some help," I muttered, but it was enough to send him skyrocketing into pure panic.

"No, no,nono,no,no, NO! Please no!!"

"Luke!!" I yelled, shaking him by his shoulders until he calmed down. "I just meant get some bandages and shit, you can sleep at mine tonight, okay?"

"I dont know you, you could be a murderer!"

"You could be one aswell but Im still inviting you," I half smiled.

"I dont want to go yet, Im too tired," He wept.

"Okay, babe. Just come here." I ushered him closer and I wrapped my arms around him, being careful to avoid his own. His head cuddled into my chest and it wasnt long at all until he fell asleep. I smiled to myself, but it was slightly uneasy when I noticed the blade burning in my pocket. I wanted to use it.

But no. Luke doesnt deserve that. Hes okay.

I picked him up, taking him to my car and putting his seatbelt on. Throwing my jacket over him as a blanket, I began to drive home.

What have I gotten myself into....?