2

MICHAEL

As I pulled into my house, I saw that all my neighbours were asleep, but I didnt worry about them seeing me with the bloodsoaked boy, I come back late so many nights that no one really pays attention anymore.

I picked up Luke silently and walked inside, laying him down on the couch. I knew I'd need to patch him up somehow, but it couldnt be done without waking him. I sighed. He deserved sleep, but he should at least be clean.

Looking closer in the light of the living room I saw how dirty he really was. His quiff was littered with mud and stones, and his clothes looked like they'd been worn for maybe a week. But he was still beautiful.

Like a damaged vase, I would glue him back together, and fill in his cracks.

I have to stop this soppy shit. I mentally slapped myself and moved over to him. I shook him gently until he woke, and at first he seemed panicky, but I guess he remembered me after a few seconds.

"We have to get you washed, ok?" I smiled sympathetically. He just nodded and followed me to the bathroom, and when I didnt leave, he began to get startled.

"You're not going to come in aswell are you?" He stuttered.

"As much as I'd like to, no." I began. "But i'll help you wash."

"I er,, I um..."

"I have a bathing suit you wont be naked Luke," I chuckled. "Ill only help with your arms and stuff, you're really tired. You can do the rest and Ill leave then okay?"

He nodded OK.

Once he had changed into my bathing suit, I started the shower going. He seemed to relax as I began to scrub at his hair with shampoo from outside the shower. Its like washing a pet I guess.

I had finished with his hair, but I needed to move to his arms. I frowned. I didnt want to upset him but they did have to be done. He had been holding them away from any water until now, when I motioned for him to put them directly under the shower. He seemed hesitant, and it took a moment for him to compose himself before shoving them under.

He winced instantly, and Im sure that he was crying, but I bet he thought the water disguised that.

I was careful but still got them clean, watching a browny red substance drip down the plug. I smiled at him a little as if to say "Thanks for just doing it" and stepped back.

"Im gonna go get some food, you like Mcdonalds, right?" I asked.

"Y-yeah," He nodded.

"Okay, well I will be back in around half an hour, finish up in here and then you can use anything you find. Hairdryer is in my top drawer, spare toothbrush in the cupboard and go pick anything from my wardrobe. Cya later," I turned around and left out the door.

I had a good feeling, like a proud mum, like a protective feeling over this kid. I dont even know him but he's really something.

HOW GOOD WERE 5SOS AT THE ITUNES FESTIVAL THO??? I CRIED, LIKE HONESTLY.