Chapter One

Do You Remember - Jarryd James || "When did we lose our way? Easier to let it go. So many, can't tell anybody. Harder to let you know"

My alarm blared inside my dorm room as my eyes darted around quickly. After having the long summer off from Hero Academy, I was nowhere near ready to get up this early. The humming in my head continued, still half asleep. My head began to throb from the noise as I stretched out in the comfort of my warm bed.

The late summer breeze blew through my linen curtains as I slowly dragged myself out of bed feeling the cool floor underneath my feet. I rubbed the sleepiness from my eyes and stretched my arms out once again. Using a rubber band on my wrist I slowly put up my hair, letting pieces drape down the sides of my face.

I still cannot believe this is our third year. As a class, 1A has really come along way. We all have passed our hero exams and experienced internships across the board. Not to mention a fair amount of run-ins with villans. It got me thinking what in the world this year could bring.

Before I could get lost in my thoughts anymore my phone began vibrating on the desk across the room. Ugh, too early. I groaned as I lifted the phone close to my face.

Deku: Hey are we still walking together?

I could almost hear the squeak in his voice as I read the text in my head. This past summer Deku expressed his feelings for me. I cannot say I was surprised, but it did make me think. We have always been so close and stuck by each other. He was my very first friend here at UA and someone I always felt comfortable with. There have been moments that I felt interested and even jealous of other girls talking to him, but the idea of it actually happening was another story. I never wanted it to ruin our friendship, but there was no use in fighting it anymore.

Ochaco: Yes! I will be downstairs in a minute. Meet me in the common area :)

I exhaled slowly, feeling myself become nervous a bit. Why though? I guess it was because we really hadn't seen much of each other since he expressed his feelings. I went home a lot to visit my parents and he was so busy in his pursuits to become like All Might we would just miss each other in passing. Now that school is starting up again we will see each other every day. I really hoped things wouldn't change because of this.

Taking in a breath I began to get changed for class as I pulled my uniform up over my thighs and began tucking in my button down. Looking in the mirror I quickly straightened up my hair, pulling one loose strand behind my ear as I drape my light pink backpack over my shoulder. Finally satisfied with my appearance I pushed through the door making my way down the hall. Not even a few steps from my room before I bumped into Tsu.

"Hey, Ochaco! Are you heading to class right now?" She smiled putting her pointer finger under her chin.

"Mhm. Actually meeting Deku downstairs. He asked me to walk with him this morning" I say watching as her expression changes to the excitement the minute I mentioned Deku. She began wiggling her eyebrows at me and I quickly cross my arms.

"It's not like that.. I will see you in class Tsu" laughing as I walk past her shaking my head.

"Sure sure Ochaco" now it's her turn to fold her arms as she smiles watching me go "See you soon, ribbit".

As I slowly descend the stairs there's Deku pacing while mumbling to himself. He does that so much I worry he'll give himself a headache or worse give someone else a headache with his mumbles. I smile at him not even noticing my presence as he continued.

"Hey Deku ready to go?" I say cheerfully.

"O-Oh H-Hi Ochaco!" Deku practically jumps when I speak up. His face now turning a bright crimson before nodding his head, "Yes let's go"

We walk the short five minutes to our classroom building and catch up about our summers. It's as if he doesn't even remember telling me he was in love with me a short month ago. I didn't say anything back to him back then because truthfully it shocked me. I never actually saw someone as timid as Deku professing his love so bluntly, but ever since our first year at UA his confidence has grown dramatically.

"So are you excited to begin this new school year?" Deku says before we enter the front door of the school.

"Oh yeah, I was thinking about it this morning" I scratch the back of my neck as we continue up the stairs to our homeroom.

"What exactly were you thinking about?" He speaks up turning to look at me. His  emerald eyes flickered as he waited for my response. I am still not used to his confidence but am happy he's found some.

"Well- I have just been thinking about how far we have all come these past few years. Not only as friends but as heroes." I can sense Deku's head nod in agreement as I continue "It feels like yesterday we all had just met and were picking out our hero names". I laugh softly remembering some of the strange names as we walk the busy halls waving to familiar faces.

Hearing a sigh from Deku I feel a hand grab onto my wrist stopping me immediately in my tracks inches from our classroom.

"W-Wait Ochaco" His voice straightened up a bit before continuing, "I cannot continue to pretend like everything is just normal after everything I said" Deku's voice was still holding the same confidence, but this time was a lot softer to keep passer buyers from listening in.

Feeling my body tense up I turn to look at him. His face was serious, he didn't even hold the cute childish look in his eyes that he usually possessed. I stared down at my shoes then back up at him. His eyes bored holes through me as I stood nervously.

He continued with his soft-spoken voice, "My feelings remain the same..I hope you know that and if you are not ready to open up to me...... I will continue to try" Now I was beginning to sweat. Is this what I wanted?

"B-because I love you Ochaco" He stuttered like the old familiar Deku I remembered as I smiled back at him softly.

"Deku, I just don't know what I am feeling right now. We have been so close I just-"

"You don't have to say anything to me right now. I-I just want you to know my feelings since I have not seen you in so long and it's the first day and everyone will be back together.. I-It's just, I would be crushed to see you with someone else and know I didn't even give this a try." His boyish voice fell and rose with his words as I watched him itch the back of his neck nervously with his free hand.

I nod as he quickly pulls me in for a hug. I rest my head on his shoulder smiling to myself.

"Let's get to class Deku," I say softly against his shoulder. We part from our hug, but Deku's hand remains in mine as we approach the front door of our homeroom class. It didn't bother me much, I seemed to like it since I continued to intertwine our fingers. It felt nice to be wanted. I look over to him giving his hand a squeeze while he responds with a blushy smile. Standing only steps away from our third year of UA.

"Let's do our best" Deku says happily.

I nod my head, but before I can respond the door slides open quick exposing us to the rest of class. Once my eyes adjust to the brightness I notice everyone was already seated, staring at us. I didn't even realize our hands were still intertwined and quickly pulled them apart upon realizing. Feeling my face turn a dark shade of pink I quickly throw my hands behind my head and smile at everyone.

"H-Hey guys" I can hear the embarrassment in my own voice. I know this is what everyone was expecting and I can tell by the whooping and gasps that they liked what they saw. Everyone but one person.

As I hang my head trying to ignore the looks I spot Katsuki staring right at me. His fists clenched tightly on top of his desk. I could see the whites of his knuckles from where I stood. His teeth look gritted while he watched me walk to my seat. I slide into my desk resting my head in my hands. I didn't want to even turn around to look at him.

To the class, he probably looks like regular old angry ass Bakugou, pissed to have another year with Deku, but I knew why he was really mad. It was because he saw me with someone else.